PDA

View Full Version : Executioner for Tanking

Harkor
02-13-2008, 06:09 PM
I keep hearing this one mentioned for threat stuff. So is this the new better enchant for maximizing my threat?

In theory I will be picking up the mace soon (4 weeks of downing lurker and no drop, ouch) and have the mats ready for mongoose, should I be looking at grabbing the pots and just putting executioner on it instead?

Cairn
02-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Mallet of Tides is surely the best threat weapon until Hyjal/BT, and if u have a good threat cycle , u don't need Exec on this weapon.
Exec is a pure Threat enchant. Mangoose give u , also a threat power but give u avoidance also.

Definetly depends of ur gear ( u are already uncrushable ? u have enough expertise ? ..... )

Notalda
02-13-2008, 11:30 PM
My stance on Executioneer was that I don't need more avoidance, I have enough from gear already, and it's too much at times as it is, so mongoose would hurt more than it'd be useful.

Executioneer on the other hand has no negative side-effects, no matter what kind of gear you have. It grants you threat, and that's it. Simple and effective.

I like it, and so does our DPS department, as they can DPS a tiny bit more.

Youkai
02-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Always used mongoose but lately I seen too many of those awful dodge/parry streaks so considering Executioner more and more everyday. For sure it'll be on next threat weapon I pick up.

*waves to Notalda*
/Youkai

Shortypop
02-14-2008, 02:52 AM
See,

http://www.theoryspot.com/forums/theory-articles-guides/35184-mallet-tides-w-executioner.html

for some very happy exectioner'ed mallet users :)

Nuberino
02-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Got mallet on our first Lurker kill this Sunday, put exectuioner on it right away. :)

Grakzul Slaughtbringer
02-16-2008, 09:45 AM
I put Executioner on my Mallet of the Tides because it was a new enchant, I wanted to test it.
I am very happy with it, it improved my TPS dramatically. I agree with the posters above that there is no negative effects with this enchant.

In the future, I will put Mongoose on it, and put an Executionner on the Cleaver of the unforgiving from Zul'Jin, so that I'll have a good tanking weapon with threat and avoidance, and a pure threat weapon.

Kerg
03-07-2008, 04:13 PM
I've been crunching some numbers trying to diversify my gear. I basically have been using one set for most stuff up to this point (mid-SSC/Eye), EH + Threat in one set.

Try as I might, I just don't see Executioner as being better than Mongoose for 99% of tanking situations. I mean, even in your threat set, you're still tanking, right? Dodge and armor are not completely useless, right? Still makes things easier on your healer, right?

I just don't see Executioner as providing that much more threat than Mongoose's 4% Crit and little Haste. Maybe 33% more on average according to my calcs. And for that you give up 4% Dodge and 240 Armor.

Not worth it, IMO, unless you are in a situation where your EH and Avoidance just don't matter, and in that case subbing in some DPS gear will accomplish the exact same thing as equipping a separate weapon with Executioner.

Ask yourself this question. Would you equip leather gear for more threat rather than a similar plate piece, just because the leather's threat stats are a little better?

Executioner on DPS mainhand. Mongoose on all tanking weapons, IMO.

Ziraji
03-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Mongoose goes on your boss tanking weapon, executioner goes on your threat weapon.

If you are not yet at a point where you have a quality weapon for each use, use mongoose.

Malignus
03-07-2008, 04:59 PM
I plan on getting Executioner on the next Brutalizer drop. Since they're not unique, why not have one with each? :D

Snum
03-11-2008, 07:04 AM
I put executioner on my mallet too. Figured i still had suneater and KD with mongoose in my bags if needed :)

hbombs
03-11-2008, 07:56 AM
i put mongoose on my mallet and plan on putting exec on the zuljin mace when it drops.

djiss
03-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Personnally I have 3 weapon so far:

Mallet + Exec = threat
KD + Mongoose = threat + avoidance
SE + Mongoose = avoidance

And I choose the one I need depending of the fight, and often switch in fight.

EX : On VR, when he don't focus on me, I use Mallet so I can maximise my threat, and when he focus on me, I switch for SE to avoid as much dmg as I can.