PDA

View Full Version : Pin the purple on the pally.

Talani
02-13-2008, 09:51 AM
So I know next to nothing about paladin tanks cept their rage bar is blue and they start the fight pissed. But I have a friend who loves hers but is still learning about them. She made the comment to me about not knowing what sort of gear she should go after in kara.

I have no idea what to tell her..any advice?

hbombs
02-13-2008, 09:57 AM
http://www.theoryspot.com/forums/theory-articles-guides/33167-new-paladin-tank-guide.html bam make her read it!

She should be going after basically any gear a warrior would go after.

Talani
02-13-2008, 10:21 AM
I thought paladins needed +spell damage to be good tanks..isnt that how they get threat?

Kazeyonoma
02-13-2008, 10:35 AM
yes but at early stages of gearing, they need to just keep up their tanking stats more just like a warrior would.

and the best tanking gear at that level of progression is the same as warriors.

tell her to pick up Continuum Blade from being revered with CoT and stick the +spell damage enchant on it. and that's all the spell damage she'll need for now.

As she progresses and gets better gear to remain uncrushable with holyshield she can sacrifice pieces here or there to put in spell damage gear, but for the most part, she'll rarely find gear with both tanking stats and +spell damage. tell her to look for the badge gear in 2.3 though, the za stuff is amazing like the stoic guardian chest is better than anything she can get in t4 level progression, possibly t5

Doktah
02-13-2008, 11:34 AM
You could also recommend her to just grind out about 30k honor to get the Gladiator Gavel which is a great tanking mace for her. Has about the same stats as the continuum blade but 78 more spell damage.

Kazeyonoma
02-13-2008, 11:39 AM
yeh, forgot about that, its an awesome tanking weapon for paladins too.