PDA

View Full Version : 5 pair of gloves O.O

Trammel
02-13-2008, 09:36 AM
First, I am a pack rat. I just got my T4 gloves last night and I now have 5 pairs of gloves. So i would like to list these out and see some suggestions. ;)

Thatia's Self-Correcting Gauntlets sbv set (+15 str)
Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden 2 x +12sta & 2% threat (was primary tanking set)
Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden+8 hit & +5 dodge/+4 hit
Warbringer Handguards 2% threat
Warbringer Gauntlets +15str

Dear god help:rolleyes:
Like many warriors I have my blues from 5 mans in the bank because we may use them for tanking those lower instances but I am finding myself using the sbv set for those more so.

What are my brothren doing?

hbombs
02-13-2008, 09:39 AM
vendor thatias. keep maidens around for SBV set and eventually u might need them for a resist set. keep t4 for avoidance fights.

mattdeeze
02-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Get rid of all your old tanking blues. Im sure that you have picked up some DPS pieces in your many travels. Instead of downgrading your gear for lower level content, Put on a couple DPS epics and you will not have issues with rage starvation and still have plenty of tanking stats for tearing thru those regular instances warbringer gauntlets is a perfect example

Trammel
02-13-2008, 10:11 AM
So vendor the Thatia's and normal blue pieces.
Continue using the Maiden set with 2 x +12sta & 2% threat for tanking.
Use maiden set with +hit gems for sbv set
Use the T4 handguards for avoidance
Use T4 gauntlets for rage starved lower instances

That sound about right?

Kazeyonoma
02-13-2008, 10:16 AM
works about right.

ttocs
02-13-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm in a similar boat. I have Maiden (I think.. might have vendored them), T4, T5, T6 and Gauntlets of Enforcement.

People say don't get rid of your epics.. but it's a pretty big strain on my bagspace.

Aelvain
02-14-2008, 08:58 PM
I'd probably use Maiden's over the dps gloves for 5 mans. Block value is generally better than AP/Crit for threat.

Armstrong
02-15-2008, 10:42 AM
What are my brothren doing?

Pack rat here also.

Royal Gauntlets of Silvermoon +4 Defense/+12 Stamina, +12 Stamina, +15 Agility - Max EH and avoidance gloves
Bonefist Gauntlets +5Parry/+6 Stamina, +12 Stamina, +2% Threat - Max raid threat gloves
Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden +8 Hit Rating, +8 Hit Rating, +15 Strength - Prot PvP / solo grinding gloves
Gauntlets of Martial Perfection +4 Crit Rating / +6 Stamina, +8 Hit Rating, +15 Strength - DW DPS gloves
Master Thief's Gloves +240 armor - PvE disarm gimmick gloves

Btw it's highly doubtful that either Thatia's or Warbringer Gauntlets are better threat (or DPS even) than Maiden's with +Hit gems, even for normal 5-mans.

Nicki
02-15-2008, 11:00 AM
i really struggle for bag space as a tank..

I mean i have to carry heal gear as well just incase and dont even have resist gear and its painful ..
did you all get 20 slots cos it looks like the only way to go...

I have healing bracers, vambraces of courage, bracers of ancient phlanx, wristguards of determination and bracers of dignity.

Kream
02-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Well I typically have 4 sets I maintain:

EH
Avoidance
Passive uncrush for DW
Threat

So I'd try to make each of the gloves fit in one of my sets.
I'd have Maiden gloves with sta gemmed enchanted with +240 armor
Maiden gloves with hit gemmed enchanted with 2% threat
T4 gloves for Avoidance with +15 agi. (also good for my Passive uncrush set)

maddfez
02-15-2008, 12:41 PM
I carry my base tank set (mostly EH), some threat and avoidance pieces to sub in, NR, FR, and DPS / PvP (many common pieces) sets. After forgetting a resistance set a couple of times and holding up a raid, I just keep them on me full time now since I'll use each of them in a raid once a week.

I'm also the potion master for the guild with desto and haste potions...it's become something of a running gag to see how much stuff of mine people have to carry before I have the bag room to make them potions.