PDA

View Full Version : Taunts on VR and Gruul for threat

Sangi
02-13-2008, 07:25 AM
My guild has recently downed VR and Gruul. Both of these fights have a tank rotation. I am not the primary target of the boss in most cases thanks to two very good druid tanks and putting our weakest tank first on Gruul. I have been having some issues capping out our DPS with my threat generation due to rage starvation. When running VR the other night I noticed that on taunts my threat would jump to even (as it should) but he wouldn't turn to me. I didn't see that he was immune. I was curious if any one knew if this was a bug in Omen or if this is a valid strategy for keeping threat during the VR and possibly gruuls fight? Or if taunting a boss that is immune will still give you the threat but not force him to change targets.

Rak
02-13-2008, 07:26 AM
If VR could be taunted, then there would be no reason to use 3-4 tanks on him, so I can't imagine that he can be taunted.

Nuke
02-13-2008, 07:27 AM
Have hunters misdirect threat to the lowest tank.

elio
02-13-2008, 07:27 AM
VR cant be taunted.

hbombs
02-13-2008, 07:30 AM
dont bother hitting taunt on gruul or VR they are both immune. Just make sure hunters use MD on you because the druid tanks shouldnt need it. VR doesnt hit that hard so use your autoblocker (if you have it) as well as hit/expertise gear. use your rage wisely.

Bigstik
02-13-2008, 08:10 AM
In Gruul, I'd suggest wearing a slower weapon (Decapitator, etc), as it'll net you more rage and more threat from devastate at the cost of heroic strike rage dump speed which you shouldn't need until deeper into the attempts. Also, remember:

1) Shield Slam and Devastate are an OT's friends
2) A well-timed Berserker Rage can mean 10000 extra threat :)
3) Intervene of the tank; he doesn't need all that rage.
4) Consider swapping in a high-threat tank as the OT on Gruul, as the OT is the one whose threat actually matters.
5) Bring 3 hunters and VR is pie; I've held him from 100% to 5% in the past.

klor
02-13-2008, 08:14 AM
The easiest thing to do on Gruul for threat...stand in cave-ins as the OT...dont let your health get too low, but standing in one here and there especially in the early stages can help a TON... There are times i can surpass the MT by doing so.

veneretio
02-13-2008, 08:23 AM
If your threat is jumping to even when you taunt VR then your threat meter is broken.

Trual
02-29-2008, 11:54 AM
3) Intervene of the tank; he doesn't need all that rage.
Probably the best piece of advice in this thread, imho. Knowing when to intervene Gruul/VR to its best effect can be priceless, and I've had my ass saved from a wipe once or twice.

Bodasafa
02-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Intervne the Tank! Wow I cant belive I never thought of that, thanks for the tip.

Combined with that and the king of "snap aggro" the Auto-Blocker gettting up on the threat shouldnt be that hard.

Grabmill
03-03-2008, 05:54 AM
Especially try to intervener on the MT if there's a mass silence. That can greatly reduce your wipe chance.