PDA

View Full Version : Managing Cooldowns

Wartorn
02-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Specifically, when do you guys pop bloodlust/heroism?

Kazeyonoma
02-12-2008, 04:30 PM
ideally we do it at 20% because we bring fury warriors who can put out stupid amounts of damage. but you definitely want to do it before 10%, because normally the last 10% doesn't benefit your mana based dps as much as they are mostly oom, and there's a chance he'll die before the end of bl/hero which is a waste, or you don't have all 10/25 people still alive by then, which again isn't beneficial.

My shaman's normally blow it around 60% but it really depends on the fight right? if there's a stage of weakness for the boss, you blow it then. If there's a stage that needs to be survived through, and can be cut down by burning em fast, you do it then as well. Its all situational. Just not at 100% and not at 10% is all I can give input to. Anything inbetween, I imagine is gonna be good, optimal timing can give you maybe as much as 5% more dps, but not by much.

Wartorn
02-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Well we have the benefit of running with 6 shaman so 70% and 30%?

Kaganda
02-13-2008, 12:19 AM
As Kaz said, any time between 90% and 10% would work, unless it's a boss with different Phases, or debuffs that you can take advantage of with higher DPS. Also, make sure they aren't afraid to use it during trash, as long as it will be available when needed on the boss fights.

Wartorn
02-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Cool thanks for the feedback guys.

Ceravantes
02-13-2008, 09:22 AM
All dependant on fights, if there is a time where a boss uses an ability where dps would need to stop, use it immediately after this happens. Also, running with that many shamans make sure you swap them in and out for bloodlust, and that they are timing them as to not use them together.

Wartorn
02-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah, we have one person promoted just to manage bloodlusts. I was just trying to figure out optimal timing.

Anaea
02-15-2008, 06:14 AM
Hydross we pop them right away when we don't have to worry about adds (Pally tank, so nice burst threat in the beginning). Lurker we'll time it near the end when we think we can get him down before another add phase. Morogrim once the globules start coming out. Leo at the 15% shift (once our tank has him).

On Karathress I have no idea, as I'm usually too busy to notice when those have gone out. :)