PDA

View Full Version : Sunwell Encounters!

ttocs
02-10-2008, 02:40 PM
I'm on the PTR with a mostly-guild, some pug group.

We've cleared to Kalecgos, and have had about 3-4 attempts so far. It's a pretty fun fight.

You basically have to kill the demon trying to corrupt him (he's in his half-elf form in the "spectral realm"), and tank the dragon form in SWP. If the humanoid form dies (he fights the demon, a la Akama), the fights over.

More forthcoming (I'm frapsing too)...

ttocs
02-10-2008, 04:25 PM
OK, well I have a fraps (we stopped, the PTR crashed and we'd have to reclear trash.. since the GMs went AWOL).

I need to figure out what to use to add title/credits to it.

I'm messing with Windows Movie Maker atm... when I get it together, I guess I'll just try to convert it to DivX and upload to S6.

Edit: Was told to keep things internal, so that's where it shall remain. At least for now.

ttocs
02-10-2008, 05:38 PM
You can see some of the screenshots from our raid on world of raids (i'm there as skaught):

http://www.worldofraids.com/2008/ptr/24/sp/kalecgos/kalecgos1.jpg
http://www.worldofraids.com/2008/ptr/24/sp/kalecgos/kalecgos3.jpg
http://www.worldofraids.com/2008/ptr/24/sp/trash/wandofcleansinglight.jpg

Cairn
02-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Kalecgos abilities ?

Explain the debuff also :P

Hit Hard on tank ?

ttocs
02-11-2008, 12:55 AM
We're sorting through everything now, so I don't have all the details.

He hits for about 5000-6000 on a full T6 warrior, with bulwark.

The demon hits for about the same, but has an arcing smash type attack that hits for 9k or so.

loadtoad
02-11-2008, 07:24 AM
Spent sometime on him as well. Seems to be a very interesting fight.

Fluke
02-27-2008, 10:33 PM
1st post here guys, and I figured I got alot of useful information from this site so I should give some back.

Done this encounter a few times on the PTR and guild had him down to about 8%. Its a damn tough encounter for Illidan farmers even.

Requires 3 tanks, druid, warriors etc is fine.

Basically this is how the fight works. You start attacking the dragon and tank pulls him away to the side to avoid usual dragon abilities (frontal cone breathe and tail swipe) and about 20 secs into the encounter or less a portal ports 1 person to the demon realm (explained below) and opens a portal where it ported him so others can port to the demon realm. when it ports the random person it also does an AOE damage of like 5k to anyone around that area... bout a 10 yard radius.

Other abilities which you can see on the like of wowwiki etc is the random debuff he puts on people increasing threat, decreasing attack speed etc etc.

The main pain in the ass is the stacking arcane debuff he puts on all players in that area that arent in the demon realm. Its a stacking debuff of arcane damage applied every 10 seconds that increases arcane damage by 500. The inital hit when it stacks every 10 seconds also hits for 500. So if you arent in the demon realm you take this type of damage every 10 secs. 500 > 1000 > 1500 > 2000 > 2500 > 3000 etc. I think these figures are accurate.

Boss actually doesnt hit too hard, I was taking about 5.5k per hit in 18k armor with sheild block blocking 600.

DEMON REALM:
Basically in the demon realm, you will see a demon hitting the human form of the boss and one way to fail the encounter is if the human form dies (he is not healable). So the trick is to cycle groups down for 2 reasons.
1. Keep the demon off the human form
2. to reset your arcane damage debuff

The demon realm is as hard or harder to deal with that the boss himself. He does a shadowbolt volley every now and then and apart from hitting an 18k HP tank for about 6k a hit, he has a knockdown ability, like the mechanar mechanical mobs, so when your knocked down for that 3-5 secs, you have 0 dodge, 0 parry, 0 sheild block and on top of the knockdown ability hitting you for 8-9k, you then have no avoidance while he hits you so healers need to be on the ball.

Demon and the dragon are both tauntable. So 3 tanks basically cycle up and down in a smooth cycle.

Extremely tough fight and probably the hardest fight I personally have seen in WOW. Have fun on this one guys :D

Narshe
02-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Iceblock, Divine Shields (lol @ palatank ftw) and Cloak of Shadows reset the arcane debuff on the SWP area.