PDA

View Full Version : Defense Skill Line Change?

Ogef
02-10-2008, 06:09 AM
Hello all, long time reader, first time poster so forgive me if I put this in the wrong forum, and also if there is another thread on this, but I couldn't find one.

I came across this as something being introduced in the 2.4 patch, and im a bit confused.

Defense skill line description change

* Old value: Higher defense makes you harder to hit and makes monsters less likely to land a crushing blow.
* New value: Higher defense improves your chance to dodge, parry, and block attacks, makes you harder to hit, and makes monsters less likely to land a critical strike against you.

Now, I was under the impression that a higher defense (i.e. 490) already made you less likely to be hit by a critical strike, in fact, I thought that was the point. As well as the part where it raises dodge/parry/block, I know each point raises those numbers by a small amount already, so how could that be changed?

Is it possible that this is a typo, or something that just totally false and incorrect?

Thanks for all the help, this is always the go-to place for good answers :D

P.S. Found it on the WorldOfRaids.com site

Ceravantes
02-10-2008, 06:24 AM
Hello all, long time reader, first time poster so forgive me if I put this in the wrong forum, and also if there is another thread on this, but I couldn't find one.

I came across this as something being introduced in the 2.4 patch, and im a bit confused.

Defense skill line description change

* Old value: Higher defense makes you harder to hit and makes monsters less likely to land a crushing blow.
* New value: Higher defense improves your chance to dodge, parry, and block attacks, makes you harder to hit, and makes monsters less likely to land a critical strike against you.

Now, I was under the impression that a higher defense (i.e. 490) already made you less likely to be hit by a critical strike, in fact, I thought that was the point. As well as the part where it raises dodge/parry/block, I know each point raises those numbers by a small amount already, so how could that be changed?

Is it possible that this is a typo, or something that just totally false and incorrect?

Thanks for all the help, this is always the go-to place for good answers :D

The skill line never said anything about being less likely to land a crushing blow. it says

Defense Rating x (defense skill +x) Increases chance to Dodge, Block, and Parry bt x%
Decreases chance to be hit and crititcally hit by x%

f4t4bb0t
02-10-2008, 02:21 PM
it's just a clarification of the defense stat, making it more clear on the meaning.

Cairn
02-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Like fatalbbot , just a clarification .

Nilya
02-10-2008, 07:15 PM
They're basically fixing a long-lived typo. It used to say the first thing when you mouseover the Defense skill bar in your skill book.

Taelas
02-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Centx, it's not the Defense skill under your sheet that has been changed. Open your skills window and click Defense; you'll see the original description there (and it does mention making it less likely for mobs to land a crushing blow).