PDA

View Full Version : Suneater Enchant

Lilie
02-08-2008, 12:40 PM
So for exclusive use as in an avoidance tank set is +20 agility or Mongoose going to be better?

Skinzenbonz
02-08-2008, 01:25 PM
I think either would be ok but I would lean towards the consistency provided by the +20 Agi. The Mongoose would be great when it was up but if avoidance is your foremost concern I think you are trying to plan for average case. You can't count on Mongoose for that.

Kazeyonoma
02-08-2008, 03:49 PM
i like the goose, it has a pretty high ppm rate so it stays up a lot. Very noticeable while tanking, i think even though its a proc, it provides enough agi, that on average, it provides better avoidance overall than +20 agi, but that's just me =]

AlmtyBob
02-08-2008, 04:00 PM
I agree with Kazey for two reasons. First off it stays up A LOT and over time you'll see better avoidance results not to mention the attack speed increase. Secondly, do you have two Sun Eaters? If not, don't dare put +20 agi on a sword you might use for your threat/trash/farm sets.

Lilie
02-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Nah no 2 suneaters. I believe it is unique.

I'm planning on using Blazegaurd (with Executioner) for trash and threat, KD for normal progression fights (with goose), and Suneater for avoidance fights. Just didn't know if I should throw goose on it or 20 agi. I noticed that Vene used 20 agi for his passive uncrushable set and it got me thinking. But kaz the argument you make is huge. There is more to tanking than avoidance, and Mongoose seems to have a good mix of tank buffing going an (besides just avoidance...) that is probably the winover as i'm thinking about it.

Thanks for the help fellas.

Katos
02-09-2008, 02:49 PM
The only reason to go +20 agi is if you're shooting for passive crush immunity. Otherwise Mongoose is superior in just about every way

Artyfact
02-11-2008, 06:35 AM
I went off the beaten path for my suneater. I chose executioner. I feel like my avoidance is adequate as it is and I wanted to increase my threat output. This is also why I have +2% threat on my t4 gloves. (stupid maiden! gimme yer gloves!)

Once I get KD (stupid chest won't lemme have it) or Mallet of the Tides my tune might change. Suneater is the best weapon I could get and I felt I should do as much threat output as I can with it.