PDA

View Full Version : Fire Resist Gear for Illidan Off-Tanks

Krynn
02-08-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm a Tankadin, but this applies to any Off-Tank wearing plate...

While I have the required 365 FR to max out my resistance, my heath pool and defense suffer horribly as a result. I was curious if anyone has crafted a set with a hefty amount of Defense and Avoidance while still retaining the required 365 FR.

It's difficult to spell out exactly what I have now, I have the FR badge pieces, the Epic FR Ring and the Blue FR Necklace with +30 Stamina, and I top it off with the Aldor Rep craftable pieces.

Right now I have each piece maxed out for Stamina. But what I'm thinking of doing is placing a few +FR Patches on a number of pieces of that gear nad then replace one of my lesser FR pieces with a piece of regular tanking gear to increase my overall defense. I also plan on getting the Epic shield from Heroic Mana Tombs and using it to replace a piece of Blue FR gear.

But has a template been made for other Tanks to use? Has anyone theorycrafted an FR set that solves this problem of retaining a high defense while maxing Fire Resistance?

-Krynn of Wildhammer

Wartorn
02-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Resilience is the key.

Get 2 piece S1 PvP gear and some PvP trinkets. The resilience goes a long way.

Krynn
02-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Any two pieces in particular I should be on the lookout for?

I've heard the Shield is worthwhile, though I still plan on getting the SR / FR one out of Heroic Mana-Tombs.

The problem is ... being a Tankadin, I'm not the best toon for the job in most PvP's. I have a fair Healing Set, but it still can't compare...

-Krynn

ttocs
02-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I think he means just 2 of the main pieces, like shoulders and something else (however, if you have the BoJ FR pieces, that means replacing one of those). The 2 piece set bonus for all gladiator sets is +35 resilience.

I've done them successfully 3 times now, with 363FR and about 450ish defense. I had about 20K raid buffed (geared for stamina).

A lot of it gets resisted, and when they do crit it's for like 3200.

Granted, you're a tankadin, so I'm not sure what the numbers come out to.