PDA

View Full Version : Glove Reinforcements any Good?

terralaine
02-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi,

My Druid just discovered Glove Reinforcements (http://thottbot.com/i34207) at the trainer yesterday. Must be a new recipe.

Anyway, what do you guys think of an armor kit that adds 240 armor to your gloves compared to other options like +15 agility or 2% threat for gloves?

Thanks!

Terra

SuperFlounder
02-08-2008, 09:48 AM
I would suspect that under almost any tanking situation you really can't beat 2% threat. That amazing kind of scalability is not easy to find elsewhere.

As a prot warrior, perhaps my perspective is different since I don't know exactly how important it is for druids to get armor capped if that's what it would mean to your gear. I know enough that 240 armor translates into some ungodly hight amount in bear form. However, I still really think you'd be better served with putting threat on your best tanking gloves.

terralaine
02-08-2008, 09:51 AM
I found the recipe on my druid, but I'm curious about its value on my warrior. I agree with you that 2% threat is nice -- it's what I have on my old gloves. Just curious what other people thought of it.

Thanks for any feedback =)

Edhellin
02-08-2008, 10:30 AM
IMO you CAN beat 2% threat when your DPS isn't getting close to you on threat. But then that's a DPS problem. Putting 240 armor on gloves with high sta and armor however is a good idea. Having some good EH pieces you can change up with threat pieces is always nice.

I'd like to put 240 armor on Kael's gloves if they ever drop.