PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice

Zasthak
02-07-2008, 09:11 AM
I could really use some help on my tanking set. I have a very mean fury set that most of my funds have went towards. However, I've been asked to off tank za and ssc a few times, so I'd really like to improve this set.

I know most of my gems are green gems, but aside from improving them to blues, do I have the right idea? what should be my first badge choices? I have 35 or so banked right now. Where should I slap my +15 stamina gem from ZA?

I haven't seen a king's defender or a Sun eater yet. Probably, next in line for mallet of the tides. My guild is currently 5/6 SSC 3/4 TK, and has cleared ZA.

Any and all help is appreciated. Right now my funds are really low, but I was planning on working on the engineering gun, and the gnomish stamina trinket.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderlord&n=Zasthak

Ignore my spec, as it was a last minute thing. Looking back I probably should have added last stand, and put those last two points into deflection.

Lunestone
02-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Yeah i'd put all your effort into gems first... as far as badges... yeah the breastplate is technically pally but the stats make it an upgrade nonetheless. I'd prob save the 15 stam if you can afford it because... you'll upgrade your belt with badges and your leggings. Felsteel whisper knives would prob be better for your ranged and are easy to get made. You could get the leggings first though... put your 15 stam in there?

I would say run Heroic sethekk if you have time for the epic shoulders there if you can't get mantle of abramis or t4 shoulders...

Lunestone
02-07-2008, 09:57 AM
You gearing more for avoidance? I would say your health is a bit low for you lvl of raiding so concentrate on all stam gems... maybe even the helm even thought the bonus is stam... I know you wanna get your defense up but i really like the heroic underbog stam trinket... it's blue but i think it only drops in heroic mode.

ebs2002
02-08-2008, 10:54 AM
You seem to be on the right track considering this wasn't your main spec. Dedicate money first to +12sta or +4def/+6sta (if you're still having trouble getting your defense over 490 and the socket bonus is worth it), and get a new pair of shoulders. Your enchants look good (except the +8sta on gloves; get Heavy Knothide Armor Kit instead if STA is where you want to go. On Maiden gaunts, I opt to go 2% threat, but it's really up to you).

Zasthak
02-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I just finished farming up for the engineering gun, trinket, and replacing all my 9 sta gems. Didn't do the pants yet, as I'm probably going to buy the badge pants. I have enough badges now, just still debating on what to buy. Anyone have a suggestion?

ebs2002
02-15-2008, 11:08 AM
The best advice you can get is at Vene's BoJ Tanking Pick Order: Badge of Justice Tanking Pick Order - Warrior - TankingTips.com (http://www.tankingtips.com/2007/12/30/23-update-the-new-badge-of-justice-pick-order/)