PDA

View Full Version : Tics vs Rogue/Mage/Disc Priest with my team

proplop
02-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Hi guys,

I run a 3v3 team as MS warrior together with a retri pala and a resto shaman.
After me and Silvv (Retri pala) picked up our Season 3 weapon we were confident we could push our rating up from 1900 a little more towards the 2k mark. At first it went well fighting diverse teams that provided long but entertaining fights, most of which we won.

However then it began.. the dreaded Mage/Rogue/Priest combo's.. we saw our rating drop by at least 80 points (down to 1870) as we faced this setup 7 times in a row. (needless to say we lost them all).

We can't seem to figure out a good way to beat them. Perhaps any of you can provide some ideas for beating a (Frost) mage, Disc Priest, Rogue when running a team as MS WArrior, Retri Pala, Resto Shaman?

Thank you already in advance!

Paul.

Kazaganthi
02-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Prop, I'm guessing they always focused your shaman first? If so then bop him early while you and the ret pali drill their priest. Your ret pali should keep bos on the target they are dpsing. This way he cannot be sheeped, and will be free to break you out of sheep if needed. If you guys are hard on the priest, he will be unable to dispell the bop on your shaman. He should also be dead fairly quickly. You may want to have the shaman try to earth shock any sheeps out of the mage as well. There is a priest on Stormrage, Veridious you may want to talk to. We faced his makeup of warrior, enhance sham, disc priest in the 2300s at the end of season 2. While it isn't the same makeup, I imagine they would face the same problems vs a rpm team. The trick is going to be keeping your shaman alive long enough for you two to kill the priest. Focusing the mage or rogue probably won't work b/c of iceblock, shadowstep, vanish..etc. It would also leave the priest free to mana drain and dispel.

Kaz

proplop
02-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Hi Kaz,

Thanks for your advice.

Usually they do opt for cc-ing me or my pala as much as possible and nuking down our healer.

Usually we have been trying to get the priest down first, but a big problem is that if we get Frost nova'd (by range or if the mage gets close), or if one of us gets sheeped, the priest gets a split second in which he can create some distance from us as we only have one freedom for the both of us which can also be on cd.

I've decided to alter my build to include 3 points in flurry in stead of TM and BF so i can dish out a little more damage. (seemed to do more damage in 2v2 bracket where i also play with the same retri pala).

I'll keep you posted on our experiences with mage/rogue/priest. Hopefully my next post will be stained with tears of joy!

Paul.