PDA

View Full Version : How important is expertise?

kurtbrian
02-07-2008, 03:02 AM
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tarren+Mill&n=Mayaheine

I'm wondering how important it is to stack experitese. I have 16 atm but can get a bit more with 30834 which would replace 28675

Would it be worth it to give up some stamina and armour for extra expertise?

EDIT: Other gear comments and tips would be welcome as well - except for the weird gem in my leggings, I know about that one...;)

Shortypop
02-07-2008, 04:34 AM
Depends what you're tanking: the ring would put you a little over the soft expertise cap (if i've added right) and so would be worthwhile for agro fights or fights you outgear - as long as the drop in defense doesn't give you crit problems.

Alternatively, if you've got badges or easy access to them is the brooch of deftness, which has a decent amount of stamina plus has hit and expertise so is a truly awesome threat piece.

kurtbrian
02-07-2008, 04:39 AM
Depends what you're tanking: the ring would put you a little over the soft expertise cap (if i've added right) and so would be worthwhile for agro fights or fights you outgear - as long as the drop in defense doesn't give you crit problems.

Alternatively, if you've got badges or easy access to them is the brooch of deftness, which has a decent amount of stamina plus has hit and expertise so is a truly awesome threat piece.

The brooch is next on ym to-do list.
Guess i will buy that ring and use it until i get the brooch.
Thanks for the help :)

Dany
02-08-2008, 05:06 AM
Same advice as Shorty: as long as you stay uncrittable (485 on trash, 490 on boss), choose your ring according to what you want: aggro, or hp/avoidance. And keep both in your bags.
Expertise is the most effective aggro stat.

maddfez
02-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Expertise is also reasonable mitigation since it lowers parries, which can cause significant spike damage especially on your big, slow hitters like Gruul and Mag.

Edhellin
02-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Expertise is from what I've seen the most effective threat and avoidance stat. All around it's about as important as Stamina.