PDA

View Full Version : 2v2-warr/priest, tips/viable?

aleksai
02-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Title says it all, I know there are a few succesful teams running this setup but I'm looking to get some tips for classes on how to successfully go about this combination. A huge problem so far has been rogue/priest wherein she gets stunlocked (not sure if shes trinketing wrong or what) and mana burnt to hell. I try disarming the rogue, intercepting/pummeling/intervening but it doesn't seem to prolong the match too match.

Help!

jlafleur
02-07-2008, 09:11 AM
I run with a priest also. First, hopefully your priest knows how to pole hump.

On a rogue/priest, I'd kill the priest rather than try to get the rogue. You can try timing an intercept after the rogue kidney shots the priest and have your priest trinket and run away. Hamstring (maybe thunderclap and demo shout as well) the rogue and go back to the priest or kill the rogue if you think you can. Your priest must do their best to stay away from the rogue.

As a general rule, if the other team has a priest or shaman, then I'm going to try to kill them before they kill my priest.

I saw a video of a high-rated warrior priest team. I'll try to link it if I can find it.

Seth
02-07-2008, 11:09 AM
I've run it with my warrior. It's viable, but not as strong as war/druid or even war/sham. I'd say the match again rogue/priest is in your favor and in general, any team with a paladin swings your way. Against rogue/priest you need to keep the rogue demo shouted and hamstringed 100%. What I do is dps the rogue the majority of the time and use every single intercept on the priest to keep him hassled. If you have anything in imp hamstring and you are mace spec, the rogue is going to have a terrible time doing anything to your priest.

veneretio
02-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Seth brings up an important point for warriors in 2v2. Mace Spec really does vastly out perform the alternatives and can swing a number of matchups from toss ups to ones weighted in your favour.

Rendyr
02-17-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm running with a disc priest right now. We had a war/resto druid that opposed us last night that looked really tough and we debated about whether it's best to try to kill the druid or the war first, just draining the druid's mana. Any opinions?

Myzery
05-02-2008, 12:27 PM
How do you guys handle healer/warrior? Seems like pally/warrior and druid/warrior are very difficult for disc/warrior because their healers are much less squishy. Priests seem to have a difficult time getting away from warriors. I find them rather easy to kill, even with a ton of resilience.

Should I go right for their healers and hope I can win the dps race, or help my priest live (but at the same time give their warrior rage)?

ebs2002
05-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Treat a warrior similar to how you'd treat a rogue: piercing howl or imp hamstring, keep them demo-shouted and I'd keep thunderclap up. But I wouldn't feed him rage unless it was war/pal.

Pallies in general are rough for a warrior to beat down, though, so your best bet is to get your priest to dodge the warrior while you beat him down. A well-geared priest can live for a long time versus a warrior if he uses his shields right.

Kream
06-05-2008, 02:33 AM
I'm running this combo in arenas and we've really just started. Rogue/priest is a problem. Your are going to have to be on the priest aggressively because the other priest is busy dispelling all her instant heals, buffs and dropping mana burns. You probably need to have your priest out of LOS from the opposing priest because rogues are better at preventing offensive dispels. Unless of course you can drive the opposing priest into panic mode while your partner throws in a timely dispel or two.

Pally/Warrior
Their warrior will chase your priest. Force him to LOS the paladin, use mace stuns, Imp HS procs, and Disarm to give your priest a break. Constant pole humping will destroy the paladins ability to heal, open him up to pummel/fear/dispel and probably force the opposing warrior into defensive mode.. where your priest mana burns.

Druid/Warrior
We've been focusing the warrior, dispelling hots and generally trying to outdamage the healing potential of the druid. Also rage dumps on the druid usually send him running, and every shift costs him mana. Make yourself a pain to CC using LOS. Some teams have had luck with fearing the druid and gibbing the warrior. So far we haven't had to much trouble with this setup, perhaps because any warrior/druid team in our bracket probably sucks. Mana burning doesn't seem to be an option, but might make for good pummel bait or to force the druid to shift (burns almost as much mana!)

Bloodwraith
06-05-2008, 04:51 AM
Arenajunkies has a guide for this combo:

Priest/Warrior Strategy - Arena Junkies (http://www.arenajunkies.com/strategy/2v2/Pri_War/)

Also here are the top teams running that combo:

2v2 Rankings - Priest/Warrior - Arena Junkies (http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/2v2/Priest/Warrior/)

Kazeyonoma
06-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Against pally warr, like ebs said, keep the warrior fully debuffed with tclap, hamstring, demo shout, and try to keep him off your priest, have your priest pillar hump, and whenever possible, get on the paladin and just sunder him to 5 and beat on him, you want him to lose mana, keep an eye on your priest, and whenever able, have him manaburn the paladin, if you can force the paladin to bubble, your priest can mass dispel it and swing the game in your favor. beating on the warrior rarely works imo because the paladin can just spam heals and win in the heal race.

Druid/war is gonna be really tough but i think the safest thing is have the priest help beat on the warrior and since the warrior is chasing the priest, have the priest tactfully get the warrior LOS from his own druid. then turn around and burst on him hard, have him sundered hamstringed everything, and have the priest mindblast his face. if the druid runs in and tries to save him, los him more until you get the druid very close to you guys pillar humping, or the warrior will run to his healer, have the warrior intercept the warrior who's now next to his druid, and blow his fear, the druid should run away and continue beat down, druid will have to trinket if his warrior is below 40% to save him, priest runs up to druid, psychic scream, win.

Lamiotis
02-06-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm playing this combo at the start of the season too. We don't have problems with most groups but 1 or 2. Priest-Rogue is a pain. We simply cannot find a way to defeat them. I think it is the ultimate anti-combo for priest-warrior, cause there are not much we can do. Everything depends on the other guys. If they do a mistake then this is our only chance but still. Needs really good coordination by both partners to make a killing blow. Also have some problems with double dps, but to be honest who hasn't? As a conclusion, i would say priest-warrior is a really nice combo, viable and amuzing.

Edgar
02-06-2010, 11:37 PM
You need to be incredibly offensive. If your priest gets caught in a sap you're in trouble. You have to bring the pressure, keep hamstrings up and possibly a bleed on the rogue to avoid a vanish.
If your priest can get in combat, dispel the priest hard possibly with Power Infusion and you open on him. Tell your mate to burst with your, just throw out a Holy Fire + SW:D combo, maybe some dots. You really want to force a quick Pain Suppression. When that is down, get the PW:Shield off and try to drop him with your ZOMGIMASPINONYOU-Storm.
Save trinkets for blinds. Save Fear Ward for the moment he pops Pain Suppression. Save Berserk Rage for the momen he pops Pain Suppression because he will most likely fear.

As Spriest (I play both Disc and Shadow) we may also go for Priest because I have better CC options with Psychic Horror as a 2nd disarm and whatnot.

It's really hard and we pretty much consider Priest Warrior a free win, as Spriest even more so than as Disc.

Destruyen
02-07-2010, 06:14 AM
with double dps like ret/rogue (or any double melee team) i usually get sapped/cc'd first (i play war/druid btw) and ill wait till they open then charge > piercing howl >sweeping strikes/bladestorm. this puts tremendous pressure on them (usually kills one if the pally is slow to bubble and bop) to where they have to stop and play defensively or try to zerg my druid through barkskin and full hots with me going all out on them. most double dps is either play very defensive (like against mage/lock or mage/ele) and outlast them with los and steady dmg or against zerg teams like ret/rogue trying to put out a ton of damage very quickly to either kill one or force them to back off.

against rogue teams: piercing howl/hamstring the rogue at all times, charge stun him to get mortal strike up reliably, and keep rend up on him. everything else edgar covered very well for your comp.