PDA

View Full Version : Gear/Advice for ZA or moving into TK/SSC.

Paradoxes
02-06-2008, 10:29 AM
As it is, my paladin is decently geared. sitting at about 15.2k health, Uncrittable and Uncrushable stats completely unbuffed(save holy shield and libram of repentance) and depending on trinkets. Also, sitting at 309 spelldmg currently unbuffed.

Currently lately, the only problem i have when tanking is fast aggro gain. It comes off as a wait to get to full and then go type thing. So moving quickly through raids turns out to be my drawback.

The other drawback, especially in ZA. Is my health dropping way too fast. I do not know if this a time heals issue, a poorly timed holy shield, or worse. anyone have any recommendations for such situations? (Honestly we have some pretty decently geared out healers with at least 1650 +heals and like 100+mp5(depending on class, just giving average.). Some are borderline 2k +heals. (major boss i had trouble with was the bear.)

I have not tanked TK/SSC just yet, however i am probably missing only my t4 shoulders with gear and likely a better cloak.

any help/advice would be great.

Devarin
02-06-2008, 11:34 AM
ZA is an interesting encounter, especially coming from Karazhan. I've found that though the tank's gear is of course important, it's more in what kind of healing you're getting. If your well-geared healers are used to reactive healing, they need to change their strategy a bit. Since tanks are going to be taking constant damage, your healers will need to keep a healing spell casting at all times (if you're full, they can always just interrupt and cancel). For the bear fight, assign a designated healer for each tank (assign your top healer to the tank taking on the bear phase) and one to raid heal. Your best geared tank should be taking on the bear phase (especially one with a large HP pool to outlast the raid wide silence duration). The bear tank needs to be topped up and have a HoT on him at all times because of the silence in that phase. Other than that, the bear shouldn't be too much of a problem. If you find you're still taking too much damage, take a look at how quickly the aggro exchange between phases is happening and whether someone is tanking both phases too often; you will get a debuff from one phase (troll I think) that will multiply damage done to you by the other phase (bear).

As for SSC/TK, I've found that they are actually easier in raid difficulty; of course, organizing 25 ppl instead of 10 is always going to be tougher. If your guild is running a 25 man soon, you may want to gear up a bit at the same time as ZA (since tank gear drops pretty sporadically in ZA).

Paradoxes
02-06-2008, 01:09 PM
As for SSC/TK, I've found that they are actually easier in raid difficulty; of course, organizing 25 ppl instead of 10 is always going to be tougher. If your guild is running a 25 man soon, you may want to gear up a bit at the same time as ZA (since tank gear drops pretty sporadically in ZA).

Yeah, we have already started those 25 mans. Actually my tank is my Alt, just moving into ZA. Successfully tanked the Bear boss(with a couple wipes), and 2 shotted the Eagle boss.

Hmm, well, i was not aware of the debuff given. (might have to get rid of XPerl, doesn't show my debuffs too well, which is something i need to fix). Yeah, there were certain situations where the timing on the taunts were just bad. So i guess that was something i was doing wrong.

Anyone have any good Pally tanking Macros?

My main drawback as a tank is not taunting the aggro pullers fast enough when i cannot generate initial threat well(which is my second weakness).

Porewit
02-10-2008, 05:50 PM
/cast [help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget] Righteous Defense

I use it all the time, theres a BoP macro too, if your target starts running for someone else.

/cast [help,target=target] Blessing of Protection; [target=targettarget,help] Blessing of Protection

besides that nothing of use

f4t4bb0t
02-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Hey man just posting a link to the tankadin forums incase you didn't know about them. Best tankadin site on the web =)

Maintankadin :: Index (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/index.php)