PDA

View Full Version : S1 good starter raid for druid tank and dps?

Elyrion
02-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks for responses in advance.

As I approach 70 with my druid, I was looking at the best way to outfit myself as efficiently as possible, keeping in mind that a set of gear for cat and a set of gear for bear is ideal. When I looked at Emerrald's Gear Rankings for druids, it looks like the Gladiator S1 gear is good for both dps and tanking and may be a good starting point.

Anyone have thoughts or experience with this? Is it worth me spending time in battlegrounds to get the S1 gear or is my time better spent looking for drops in instances? The S1 gear looks good but it appears to both lack key PVE stats and have extra stats on it that aren't needed.

(Obviously crafted items and quest items are easy enough to get as well and I will be doing some of that:))

Thanks.

Madoxx
02-12-2008, 03:40 AM
the S1 gear is quite good for tanking , but get the Clefthoof gear to start with and then add the S1 shoulders, gloves & helm this give you a nice AC bonus and try to gem /enchant according , i did this on on alt and he is above the Crit imumme and has a decent amout of AC as wel as Sta + dodge,

DPS wise yes as well it is quite good i have the whole set bar the legs on S1 gear , hope this helps

Taelas
02-12-2008, 04:14 AM
Emmerald's list is generally good. Keep in mind that his list is based on a model, though -- your individual stats will be different from the numbers he used, so his rankings can be slightly off. In general, though, you won't go wrong with his lists.