PDA

View Full Version : Belt Comparison

Aiglos
02-05-2008, 04:02 AM
I'm looking at two possible upgrades here; my guild has just started downing Leo, so the Girdle of the Invulnerable is within my reach. On the other hand, I've also just gathered enough badges for the Iron-Tusk Girdle. They're -very- close - the Girdle obviously has slightly superior defensive stats, but the ITG has more stamina. Thoughts?

Girdle of the Invulnerable
904 Armor
+37 Stamina
Red Socket
Blue Socket
Socket Bonus: +4 Stamina
Durability 55 / 55
Requires Level 70
Equip: Increases defense rating by 22 (9.3 @ L70).
Equip: Increases your dodge rating by 19 (1% @ L70).
Equip: Increases your parry rating by 29 (1.23% @ L70).

Iron-Tusk Girdle
904 Armor
+45 Stamina
Blue Socket
Yellow Socket
Socket Bonus: +3 Dodge Rating
Durability 55 / 55
Requires Level 70
Equip: Increases defense rating by 21 (8.88 @ L70).
Equip: Increases your dodge rating by 33 (1.74% @ L70).

Ratholorn
02-05-2008, 04:30 AM
Are there any other upgrades (the cloak or expertise bracers or neck?) that you might purchase with badges instead? That would be what I would use to decide.

juggernauth
02-05-2008, 06:19 AM
There also is Belt of the Guardian, not bad at all for a warrior.

Warriorc
02-05-2008, 06:59 AM
If you want him to get laughed at. No way in the world will make -real- tank warriors equip pala gear.

Imo , If you got 2 pieces of t4, the one of Leo is not bad. But in my case i took the Iron-Tusk. The t5 headgear has imba dodge if you gem and enchant it correctly. + the dodge of my iron tusk, its freaking insane.

So imo the belt of leo is not worth your dkp. There is no better belt untill BT then Iron-Tusk.

Greetz

maddfez
02-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Belt of the Guardian is a very solid piece for a warrior, as is the pally tanking chest from the heroic badge vendor. The belt is a stronger effective health piece than either of the other belts.

Not ideal, as you would really rather have those itemization points spent on more stamina or something, but they are definitely strong pieces for a warrior in T5 / early T6 content.

Ceravantes
02-05-2008, 08:07 AM
If you want him to get laughed at. No way in the world will make -real- tank warriors equip pala gear.

Imo , If you got 2 pieces of t4, the one of Leo is not bad. But in my case i took the Iron-Tusk. The t5 headgear has imba dodge if you gem and enchant it correctly. + the dodge of my iron tusk, its freaking insane.

So imo the belt of leo is not worth your dkp. There is no better belt untill BT then Iron-Tusk.

Greetz

That is one of the most ignorant statements I have read on this website yet, the belt is on par with the other belts available in early t5/t6 content, period. There is nothing else to it.

Thats like a paladin saying "I wont wear those boots cause there is no spell dmg on them", retarded.

Berginyon
02-05-2008, 08:14 AM

I wear Belt of the Guardian. What's not to like about all that stam and block value? It can easily hold you until BT.

Marrick
02-05-2008, 08:41 AM
I like the Iron tusk out of the two of them. Greater EH and close on avoidance. They're close enough that it isn't going to be game breaking whichever way you go. If there's another big badge upgrade for you, get it instead. If not, get the Iron Tusk. Having here and now > possibly maybe dropping soon.

Tank
02-05-2008, 08:47 AM
No way in the world will make -real- tank warriors equip pala gear.

BTW I have the heroic badges pally tank chest piece which is better than T4.
If a pally can wear warrior tank items I dun see any problem for a warrior wearing pally item as long as they are an upgrade

Nicki
02-05-2008, 09:05 AM
I have to wear warrior gear, why don't you have to wear paladin gear ;p?

or as joanadark put it 'paladins have been wearing +str gear before they even saw anything with spell damage'

A paladin will not get any beneficial stats until curator and eventhen the item is not useable unless one has to fit it in because iron maiden are superior.

Girdle of the invulnerable with 5 dodge 6 stam + solid star of elune is pretty comparable to irontusk. Belt of the guardian is the best warrior threat belt with tanking stats on it.

The pally badge chest is better than t4 atleast for effective health maxing...

IF something is an upgrade who cares if you get laughed it? I call it the school of what works allbeit silly. The point is I had to where things like mantle of abrhamis and crimson girdle of the indomitable both of which have str on them which does zilch for me as a paladin, welcome to the club ;).

Kavtor
02-05-2008, 10:09 AM
It depends on your badge income and DKP system.

Personally, I'd wait for the Leo drop (unless he doesn't like dropping tank loot) since there are probably only a few people who are going to need a plate tanking belt in your raid, and use the badges for other items.

If you're desperately in need of a tank belt now, the badge belt is still a great choice.

ebs2002
02-05-2008, 11:49 AM
With badges, I say always go with something that there is no easily-obtainable equivalent. Only then is it worth spending badges on a belt because Leo is being stingy (or in my case, a helm because Opera/Prince is being stingy).

Which would you rather have?
A) You buy the belt, and tomorrow Leo drops a belt and you feel like you just wasted 60 badges.
B) You buy another upgrade, and Leo is stingy?

Me, I opt for B. I get an upgrade either way, and there's still the possibility of getting Leo's belt (or the badge belt) down the road. Don't waste opportunities.

Rak
02-05-2008, 03:51 PM
I plan on using Belt of the Guardian and Leo's belt should the pattern or Leo's belt ever drop.

Keimorl
02-06-2008, 06:47 PM
It depends on your badge income and DKP system.

This is my view too. Even though I don't have a lot of competition in our DKP system for gear, badges rain down constantly within our guild since we clear Kara in about 3 hours (sometimes less, sometimes more).

DKP is hard to come by... badges are not. :) I think I'm working somewhere in the 300-400 badge range on what I've purchased so far. I'm wearing the Iron Tusk, and have considered getting the Guardian down the road.

Finally, if you are MT for your guild and involved in progression, then imho it's extremely important that you get the best gear you can get now. Doesn't make sense to me to wait for a drop in SSC when you can buy a belt now that would help your entire raiding team.