PDA

View Full Version : 60k just for a starter kit?!!

cael
02-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Im trying to get back into arena and have started working on my stater arena kit. I was amazed after adding it up I need 60k honor.

-Any suggestions on how to farm honor in BG's?

- Can I skimp on say getting the helm and use furious gizmatic goggles instead?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Chisgule
02-05-2008, 06:52 AM
There is really just one things that stands out in my mind as making the honor grind shorter: find a group of folks with similar goals, or friends, and Q with them.

Entering as a preform/partial preform increases your chances of winning (more honor/time = less time farming). Even if you're losing, it's much more fun to grind honor and chat over vent than to Q solo = )

This is a no-brainer, but sure to do the daily quest too.

IMO, it's all about resilience... so I'd only go for the engy helm if you got bored of honor farming and just wanted a change of pace.

Seth
02-05-2008, 09:20 AM
I skimped on the helm because the goggles are better anyways. Plus the increased stealth detection is pretty noticable in 2s and 3s.

As horde, it just kind of sucks. Do premades if you are serious. Even a pickup premade gets good honor because a lot of your oponents will quit when they see 15x same server.

jlafleur
02-05-2008, 09:35 AM
If you are just starting out, it must be a lot more than 60k. 60k would get you the five set pieces. That doesn't get you the boots, belt, bracers, neck and s2 and s3 rings nor the weapon(s), offhand or shield if you need it. Honestly, it has taken me almost a full season to just start to catch up. I have earned well over 300k since about October. Be prepared to lose in arenas with S1 gear though. I'm often running into full S3 opponents selling points.

Where to farm honor? AV weekend which should coming up soon. Normally everyone races to the end so you can get 10-15 minute AVs done and scoop up bonus honor win or lose. Most importantly, make sure you burn your towers, kill belinda and snag a mine or two. Wins are nice but not necessary. You should be able to wrack up 50k easily if you just run them over and over. Outside of AV weekend, AVs are your best bet unless you can run pre-made EOS or AB. I would stay away from WSG unless you need the marks and only get those on that weekend.

After you farm all that, start stocking up for S4 when you can upgrade to S2 gear for honor as well as buy the S4 boots, belts, bracers and ring.

cael
02-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Yeah I suppose this is the answer I was thinking (yet dreding) id get. Thanks for the advice.

Season 4 brings up another point. At around what time is its start anticipated? With 2.4 or more close to WoTLK? Should I purchase a new weapon now? Or wait for S2 to be honor? currently using lunar crescent

jlafleur
02-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Well a rumor I heard was 2.4 would land in March and would be the start of S4. We will all know better once the PTR opens. So depending on how fast you gather honor, you might want to just bank all of you arena and honor points until it starts and then get s4 gear with arena and fill in the gaps with s2 honor purchases. If you do buy S3 gear for arena points, then I would only get the helm, chest and pants since they have hit rating over some of their s1 versions plus improved armor crab. I've made my last S3 purchase and have started banking arena and honor for s4 until I know when it will start.

jlafleur
02-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Oh, and switch to the BS or arena mace or the arena sword. Axes are not considered good in pvp. Given all of your gear needs, I'd change my BS specialty to mace and make deep thunder with 8 primal nethers. Deep Thunder is better than the S2 mace. I wouldn't do the BS sword though.