PDA

View Full Version : Moroes "lucky" Pocketwatch vs. Ancient Aqir Artif.

Atank
02-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Hi Guise!

So after about 4.5 months of Weekly Karazhans and never seeing a Pocketwatch drop, last night in ZUL Aman, we Killed Zul'jin for the first time.

Sure enough he drops, the Ancient Aqir Artifact.
Now I gotta ask myself, do I continue to strive for the Pocketwatch?

In a nutshell
Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch
Dodge does not facilitate rage generation, but is the ON USE like a mini shield wall, for when your healers are Stunned, Out of Range / LOS, Water Tombed? etc?
vs.
Ancient Aqir Artifact
Parry allows for better rage Gen than dodge, and 2500 armor is sweet for burst damage fights, to keep it up each 1min 40 seconds...

Any opinions? Am I set, or do I need to do keep runing Karazhan until WotLK?

Atank -Empíre- (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&n=Atank)
Dwarven Warrior
Detheroc

Nuberino
02-04-2008, 08:02 AM
I think they are both better situationally. Pocket Watch is more of a reactive ON USE while Artifact is more of a proactive ON USE. While the artifact has a better passive effect (parry is better than dodge when in ~= %s), I think the reactive on use of the pocket watch is still probably more effective in more cases.

Wrath
02-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Well good question ;) same situation here, i never got a Moroes watch in about 8 Months of weekly Kara farmruns... dropped once and i passed it to our Feral...since then never saw it drop again -.-

So ive never tanked any encounter with the watch from SSC 6/6 & TK 4/4 as Mt and ive never had any Situation where the watch would been necessary ...

On our zuljin firstkill i got the Ancient Aqir Artifact aswell and wear it with my Scarab of Displacement for Trash & Farmencounters...

I really like the "on-use stoneshield-effect", for progress encounters i usually wear Scarab of Displacement + Darkmoon Card: Vengeance

Kaldore
02-04-2008, 09:15 AM
There are a LOT of Trinkets in my bags now and it seems that the number keeps growing as my guild moves through more and more content.

Here's what I have so far:

Ancient Aqir Artifact
Darkmoon Card: Vengeance
Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600
Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch
Scarab of Displacement
Spyglass of the Hidden Fleet

For trash on the way to the boss I've been using the Auto-Blocker and Darkmoon Card, then I swap that out for the Pocketwatch and Scarab.

Anyone have any better pairing suggestions?