PDA

View Full Version : 2.4: The New Gun

Narshe
02-04-2008, 02:32 AM
With the new 2.4 changes, they are gonna put Doom Lord Kazzak and Doomwalker loot as BoE instead of Bop.

Now this is interesting for tanks as Barrel-Blade Longrifle is gonna be available in AH. So you have now two options for insane guns for tanks. You can either pick this one (and my guess these are gonna be extremely overpriced) and the now classic Gyro-balanced Khorium Destroyer.

Imho the Doomwalker gun is better unless you are going all out for stamina.
BBL gives you 16 agi and two socket options. Plug it with two Solid Star of Elune and you will have the lower tier version of Legionkiller.

Lilred
02-04-2008, 05:35 AM
tru but will you pay 1200-2kG for 16 agil and less stam after paying/farming a destroyer?

Narshe
02-04-2008, 07:14 AM
That's why I said that depends on the price you can get for them.
I personally would have thought on which one get, even that Im engineer and I don't have to pay a nether, I must farm it. However, some servers have insane price on primals and this baby could be cheaper than a Gyro gun.
I already have the gyro one, and have access to the BT one so I'm not planning in buying the Doomwalker.

Nuberino
02-04-2008, 08:33 AM
All it really does is open up an easy method to get a good avoidance ranged. Assuming they aren't too out of this world priced.

Lilie
02-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Narshe!

Timetheos
02-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Very much looking forward to this.

I'm hoping that all the tanks on my server stay high on stam (aha! pun!) and don't see its usefulness :)

Radhja
02-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Here's hoping to <1000g prices on all servers! :)

BoE ftw!

(Any other interesting tank drops off the two world bosses?)

veneretio
02-12-2008, 11:29 AM
I gotta say that Khorium Destroyer is still the greater of the two imo.

Roana
02-12-2008, 11:37 AM
For a mixed set, I think the The Boomstick is comparable to the Barrel-Blade Longrifle, unless you're willing to stick +15 stamina gems in the latter one (not an option for me :) ). The longrifle may be easier or harder to obtain, depending on your server.

veneretio
02-12-2008, 11:49 AM
For a mixed set, I think the The Boomstick is comparable to the Barrel-Blade Longrifle, unless you're willing to stick +15 stamina gems in the latter one (not an option for me :) ). The longrifle may be easier or harder to obtain, depending on your server.
Excellent point, for those that want avoidance The Boomstick is probably a better option considering it won't cost you an arm and a leg.

The Boomstick
13 Defense = 0.65% Avoidance
21 Stamina

Barrel-Blade Longrifle
16 Agility = 0.53% Avoidance
24 Stamina

I still really think the Destroy is way, way better than either, but if you have to have your avoidance keep in mind that Defense Rating is going to offer you far more than Agility.

Nariju
02-12-2008, 12:34 PM
So you're not considering socketing dodge, making it superior avoidance?
Too much Stamina loss?

veneretio
02-12-2008, 01:28 PM
So you're not considering socketing dodge, making it superior avoidance?
Too much Stamina loss?
Socketing dodge in any piece is a poor choice unless the socket bonuses is very strong and this gun's bonus definitely isn't. You can easily get the dodge you need from favouring dodge/defense trinkets, rings, cloaks over their stamina/armor friendly alternatives.

Nuberino
02-12-2008, 03:39 PM
If you aren't going to socket Barrel-Blade Longrifle with avoidance then why have it other than the bonus to crit and a tiny bit of armor.

Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer socketed with a yellow would be more hp and depending on the quality of gem be in the same area of avoidance (< blue +8 def, ~ equal with a purple +10 def, > with the jc unique equipped).

If you want the Barrel-Blade Longrifle to stand out, you almost have to have it socketed for avoidance.

Stockade
02-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Here's hoping to <1000g prices on all servers! :)

BoE ftw!

(Any other interesting tank drops off the two world bosses?)

for those without access to much, Faceguard of the Endless Watch - Items - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30731) is a pretty nice tanking helm, from doomwalker , imo :D

Sorry, dont knwo how to make pretty links yet =O

Nariju
02-13-2008, 05:03 PM
So unless you go for maximum avoidance/CBI The Boomstick stays superior. I got it the first day it went live... been a long time now ;)

Socketing dodge in any piece is a poor choice unless...
Sorry i have to ask, but, why?

You can easily get the dodge you need...
So how much DO you need?
In pure avoidance Gear i can reach ~30&#37; dodge, but i'm rarely using it.

I'm not overall convinced with EH. I see the advantages, but i'm not in any way doing progression raiding, so it's not really an issue. It's 10 man all the way for me, where as my Guild is facing Vashj/Kael.

(referring to another Post, my Guild didn't meet my expectations and yesterday Vashj refused to die /w 5% left)

Chronnos
03-08-2008, 10:12 PM
What if it were socketed with 2 +8 hit rating gems?

It would then be 1 tier below an Arcanite Steam-Pistol which is a very good threat weapon. However, I suppose Steelhawk Crossbow would be ok for threat as well.

Ariedan
03-08-2008, 10:17 PM
It's nice to see a new option out there, but if I had to do it all over again I'd still go Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer with an eight hit rating gem. :D

veneretio
03-08-2008, 10:38 PM
It's nice to see a new option out there, but if I had to do it all over again I'd still go Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer with an eight hit rating gem. :D
This is definitely the move to do in 2.4 as well that way the 10&#37; BV Metagem activates.

Kamani
03-09-2008, 12:03 AM
For standard gun I'd still go with GBKD. 15 stam >>>>> 16 agility any day of the week.

Xav
03-09-2008, 01:56 AM
I always forget to kill Doomwalker, been meaning to do it before the patch hits so there's less competition. Anyway, I've wanted a Longrifle for a while to put in two +10 dodge gems and get a seriously heavy avoidance boost when needed.

Foolishness
03-09-2008, 07:20 AM
I think it would be silly to socket this gun with stam.

I would use 2 dodge gems. The i would have a avoidance gun and a stam gun. Use the khorium destroyer for EH.

You could even put 2 15 stam gems or 10 dodge gems in it.

If any tanks are worried about cash, then they rolled the wrong class.

adrenalize
03-09-2008, 08:35 AM
All i care about is that i have 2k g saved and ready to go the first time Talon of the Tempest comes up on the AH for my priest.