PDA

View Full Version : absolute best group composition for a tank?

Katos
02-03-2008, 10:14 AM
To maximize health, armor, survivability, threat generation. All of the above. My thoughts..

You the tank
Paladin - Improved Devotion Aura
Warlock - Improved Blood pact
Fury warrior - Improved Commanding shout
Shaman - Improved Windfury totem

Is this the best group setup? Probably not. I'm sure there are other classes with other abilities that could help out the tank potentially even more. I'm curious how other raids setup their tanking groups to maximize performance.

Blackfriday
02-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Sounds good to me!!!

Blackfriday
02-03-2008, 11:11 AM
makes

these two posts may be deleted for being too tired to understand original post and too stupid to fix it.

Xav
02-03-2008, 01:22 PM
The problem with that is if all of those buffs aren't necessary for the tank, you're actually gimping the rest of those classes by not giving them much more ideal DPS groups. And potentially even more people, since some of those are key "synergy classes" that really buff other people in the raid.

Groups like that may be useful for undergeared tanks or going into new content that hits extraordinarily hard, etc.

Taelas
02-03-2008, 01:30 PM
I'd replace the Fury warrior with a Restoration druid in Tree of Life form for maximal benefit.

Of course, as Xav said, just because this particular group would benefit the main tank the most does not mean that it's the best for the raid group as a whole. As long as threat is not an issue, I'd let the melee DPS group have the shaman as well. The last spot would normally be reserved for the OT.

Cairn
02-03-2008, 03:06 PM
You the tank
Paladin - Improved Devotion Aura
Warlock - Improved Blood pact
Fury warrior - Improved Commanding shout
Shaman - Improved Windfury totem

For aggro i prefere WF totem but , for max avoidance and max survivability i take Dext Totem

Fury Warrior replace by Druid .

Elcolombiano
02-03-2008, 06:40 PM
You the tank

Feral druid (5% crit)
Shammy (WF/STR)

Warlock (imp BP)
Pally (Devotion)

best setup that revolves around 1 tank. you get the best of both worlds; threat gen and effective health :)

Katos
02-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I realize that this question is vastly dependent on the encounter, but I always find it fun to see what people consider to be the 'best tank group' and agreed. Resto tree druid is a near must.

Dreadski
02-03-2008, 11:38 PM
just having a windfury totem up puts me at about 1400 sustained tps with spikes to 1800+. not really ideal in a 25 man since there is typically multiple tanks that all want the lock buff.

Xav
02-04-2008, 12:41 AM
that's pretty cute dreador :rolleyes: