PDA

View Full Version : 2v2 war combos

Elrrik
02-02-2008, 08:21 AM
Hello fellows, ive been reading this forum for ages, im a full time pvper now but im afraid i started a bit late ( in August ), and nowadays im sword spec arms / fury specced, my mate is a druid, we both have gear and all but still having issues to break 1700 rating, ive readed the guides and working on set up the hotkeys to get a rid of clicking but still i dont feel comfortable with any configuration.
Anyway my question is this: assuming we play war+dru, how can we beat a hunter+dru and how to handle with another war+dru team?
On the other hand would be nice to do some guides: like how to beat lock+priest:

Separate them is a good idea, i usually go for kill lock pet ( two times if needed ) then go for priest, usually this works...

Noraxe
02-02-2008, 09:08 AM
When it comes to hunter's I usually just charge the pet=fear=intercept the hunter and get him down asap. Playing with a disc priest friend of mine and she tries to get in range of the druid to fear him again before he cyclones me. If I see the pet going for her I use AoE taunt for hopefully getting him to me and breaking the frost trap im in if the hunter puts one down ^_-

But we have only gotten as high as 1620 though, and after a night of vodka and redwine we fell down to 1550 >_< So thoose we are fighting arent as experienced as thoose you meet I guess.

Kazaganthi
02-02-2008, 05:33 PM
On lock/priest, you have two options. Kill the pet probably twice and then the lock or straight up kill the priest. I like to kill the priest. Your druid should be able to los the fears and mana drain of the lock. Priests go down pretty quick. Fully sunder him up, MS, and then start your interrupt rotation. If possible lay a hamstring on the lock every now and then to help your teamate out. Also have your druid slowly dps down the pet then if needed you can turn and two shot it.

As for hunter/druid, heh most annoying fight ever. Kill the hunter's pet and don't let him rez it. Then kill the kill the hunter or druid depending on which you feel more comfortable with. I go for the hunter so that he can't rez the pet. Once again fully sunder him up. This fight if by far the most excrutiating pain you will ever go through. Our fight against this normally last on average over thirty minutes at the 2k level. For you it will be straight hell. You are constantly cc'd or kited. If you hand in there, don't panic and let your druid drink, you will never lose. I've only ever lost once to a hunter/druid.

Kaz

Kazeyonoma
02-05-2008, 01:51 PM
i've blown up on hunter pets, only to have they rez, and sit for 20 minutes, to lose when my druid goes oom, he never can drink cuz the pet is on him at all times. even after i try to intercept hamstring the pets. we hate hunter/druid =(

DapperDan
03-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Try this - WoW Forums -> 2v2 Druid/Warrior Arena Matchups Guide (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=3466356886&sid=1&pageNo=1)