PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me parse through some WWS stats?

Fezzick
01-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Hey guys, I'm raiding as a 33/28 MS Warrior and last night we defeated Solarian. Overall I am happy with my DPS (~990), but I am wondering if I could be doing anything differently.

Note: I think alot of my glancing blows were because my 2H Sword skill was 348 (Leveled from 15-345 in 3 hours...that was hell)

Anyways heres the WWS link

A few more notes

1. Last night I was using Khorium Champion with +7 weapon damage to test out the Proc + 2H Sword Proc + Windfury. Mainly to see if I got a damage boost from Gorehowl with Executioner (with Axe spec)

2. I think the 990 DPS might be skewed upwards, mainly because on the ad phase, I usually spam Trinkets, Death Wish, Sweeping Strikes and Whirlwind. At that point, I am pumping out around 1400 DPS

My damage is spikey at best. Sometimes when things are proccing and flurry is going, I can pump out around 1200, but on some rage-starved trash pulls I'm 400-500.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Armory

shiz98
01-30-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm by no means an expert on 33/28, but I've done a lot of research on how to be one, so I'll take a crack at it :).

The first thing I noticed about your armory (not so much the WWS) is that your weapon is pretty fast. Combine that with your Haste trinket, and I think you'd run into difficulties with you rotation (when flurry goes up, your CD will be borked...). I'd suggest switching back to Gorehowl. Having spent my last Kara run windfury-less, i've found it's really nice having white hits that can fuel a Slam and still leave you with a little extra rage; that high top end is key. While that doesn't matter so much when you have Windfury, it should up your damage when you're getting unlucky.

Your Executes are hitting for some pretty massive amounts... how much rage are you using for those? Consider that you might get more dps with your regular cycle - try working execute into your rotation if you haven't already (e.g. Slam > Execute > White > Slam > Execute > White).

Of course, I don't think that applies when Recklessness is up and the Rage is flowing like a river ;)

psychostomp
01-31-2008, 05:33 AM
I tend to agree with shiz a 3.3 speed weapon wont truly allow you to see what the spec is capable of if you are trying to do it with a slam rotation.

That being said one MS warrior from Blood Legion (Illidan server) who had WWS showing as high as 1900 dps on a couple of different fights was stated that they didnt use slam in their dps cycle at all. T6 + 3.5spd weapon + other haste gear made slams basically impossible to time and actually lowered overall dps. Instead sub in HS for hard hitting good times.

Grabmill
01-31-2008, 07:46 AM
One additional note about the executes:

If you have 2 fast onehanders with reasonable DPS (80+), you should try once to switch to those and spam execute. Your executes will be hitting for a lot less, but you will be doing a lot more damage in the end probably.

Kazeyonoma
01-31-2008, 09:19 AM
why would your executes hit for less grabmill? Execute damage is based solely on rage, so its definitely gonna be more dps with 2 fast one handers. more rage = more executes.

Meeks
01-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Solarian is a bad fight to gauge damage. besides the adds is the fact that she is constantly casting...when a mob(or player) is casting they can not dodge. That adds a lot of damage.

Fezzick
01-31-2008, 10:39 AM
Honestly, I don't mind giving up Khorium Champion and dusting off Gorehowl and adding my 5 points to Poleaxe Spec.

It seems like when I start my rotation, things start to happen very fast and usually I fall behind on my rotation (read: I get behind my on my Slams). I'd post the WWS from Void Reaver but they make me look like a noob (well, I probably still am)

Link to Void Reaver WWS (http://www.myfallcreek.com/wws/wws-20080129-2033VR/fezzick.html).

Keep in mind I was only alive for 52% of the fight. (Got orbed when ranged got too close)

shiz98
01-31-2008, 02:21 PM
If you don't mind spending the time PvPing, the S1 weapons will get you some nice +Hit and DPS, along with a slow attack speed. Granted, it's a lot of AV grinding, but if you can take it, you'll have a nice weapon for quite some time.