PDA

View Full Version : Fury weapon choice

Midgetmatt
01-30-2008, 04:40 AM
So, I've recently speced fury, cause I got really bored of raid tanking (been doing it for about 8 months straight now) and I have 3 possible weapon choices for my DPS, 1 is the Sun Eater, another is a ZA Sword from 2nd boss, and the last is the Edge of Cosmo's. The Sun Eater has mongoose on it, the Edge doesn't, I know to keep the ZA sword, that's a given, but what should I use as the other? I was thinking the ZA sword in my MH, and Sun Eater in the OH, because I still have enough AP/crit and hit to start out 25 mans etc, but with this combo would the speeds be so low to not bother? So which one do you think I should use? Knowing that I won't be a useless raid spot today. Oh and I have 115 hit if that helps any.

Thanks.

Arrivan
01-30-2008, 04:55 AM
None of those weapons are really ideal for your main hand. In your main hand you want the slowest, highest DPS weapon you have for hard hitting heroic strikes and MH whirlwinds. You also want a slow off hand weapon ideally, but the sword from ZA will suffice. Out of those weapons you have I'd use the Sun Eater MH Akil'zon's Talonblade OH and look to get another slow high DPS weapon for your main hand such as a S1 weapon, The Decapitator (which has been dropping like candy for my guild recently), Spiteblade, Rage if you can get any chests in ZA, etc.

psychostomp
01-30-2008, 06:06 AM
Honestly with only 115 hit u may be better served goin either 33/28 or doing 2h fury until u get better 1h weaps as well as more hit.
Right about now you are probably thinking that MS sucks for dps or something similar but in all reality learning to time your abilities as ms to maximize dps will make you a better fury warrior and assuming your raid uses at least 5 melee including tanks the dps and threat boost from blood frenzy will be well worth it.

Midgetmatt
01-30-2008, 07:49 PM
To Arrivan, yes I agree with you on those weapons..But this is just a small time only, I haven't seen the Decapitator drop for all my Prince downs etc, nor the Spiteblade and what not. I just want to know what would be the best combo between those 3 weapons I have provided you.

To Psychostomp, I have tried DPS as MS..and frankly..It bores me (not to mention I never seem to get any rage lol), DW fury I found more interesting. I might actually try it again since I do enjoy pvp lol.

Thanks for the responses so far.

Ukyo
01-30-2008, 11:15 PM
You should try DW'ing prot and spamming Devastate, then, when you can get your hands on some fury upgrades, you should go fury. Otherwise you'll find the spec a little lackluster and it might disapoint you.

Brickhuase
01-31-2008, 09:13 AM
well if you want the best, arena. Vengeful Gladiators Cleaver (or swords respectively, i'm an orc....) will take you all the way to the warblades of azzinoth. get season 2 if you cant get the 1850 rating! season 1 from honor if your absolutely hurting for a mainhand.

Midgetmatt
02-02-2008, 02:51 AM
lol, I know all of you are giving me good tips (mostly I already know) and I thank you for it, but I really just was looking for the best combo I can do with the choice of those 3 weapons UNTIL I get an upgrade like the S3 swords, or the ZA MH.

Arrivan
02-02-2008, 03:19 AM
Like I said, The Sun Eater main hand, Akil'zon's Talonblade off hand until you get something else.

Edit: Actually, looking at the stats, swap that. (ZA sword MH, Sun Eater OH)

Midgetmatt
02-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Alright, thanks Arrivan, got the answer I wanted :)