PDA

View Full Version : Best Tank Gear! (KZ!)

Xipe
01-28-2008, 08:33 AM
I just turned 70 about 2 weeks ago.. already got some decent gear from Kara (On my first run in too O_o !!) Just wondering on something though.

What helm should I try to get :

Warbringer Greathelm (http://thottbot.com/i29011)

or right now I have 371 Blacksmithing and 375 Mining as professions...should I drop Mining and make -- >

Tankatronic Goggles (http://thottbot.com/i32473)

I hear the Goggles are better..and I can always drop Mining with my Warrior I think and take up Mining with my Lock.. (She's got 375 Enchant + 375 Herbalism) its just a pain to level back up from scratch.

And should I aim for the Madness card or the Vengance .. or another of the Darkmoon cards?

Enelrad
01-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Im pro-goggles! They are awesome. I dropped 362 BS for power leveling engineering! I love engineering and you can make awesome cash from farming gas clouds for motes.

Goggles all the way!!!

Dany
01-28-2008, 08:52 AM
If you care only about the head, I would say that the googles are really worth it.

But I think that the T4's bonus(4) is really good if well used. And if I had to make the choice, honestly, 375 engineering is really, really, really crap to up...
You're not engineer, aim for T4 :o.

Vengeance is a good hp trinket, don't consider it another way. But it's a good one.

Nuberino
01-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Goggles all the way!!!This cannot be emphasized enough. Engineering in its current form is far more valuable than BS for PVE tanking. Though I would drop a gathering skill before dropping BS :)

Epic mount + mote extractor = all the farming you need. Relaxing 200+g an hour in farming.
Tankatronic Goggles (on par with T5 if not better)
Explosives (who needs a rogue to unlock that chest or door)
Helicopter.
Flares. nuff said.

Xipe
01-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Yeah I think its settled..I'm sooo dropping Mining when I get home! (at work now = teh suck)

I need to farm the momey for a epic flyer sometime >.< But the hell with that..gonna look at the 1-375 Engineering guide..and farm some stuff for that..then drop Mining like a bad habit.

Domichi
01-28-2008, 11:29 AM
My advice for power-leveling:

1. get a good guide, i used World of Warcraft 1-300 / 375 Engineering Guide (http://www.blizzardguides.com/wow_1-300_engineering_guide.html)

2. keep mining until you have all your ore mats farmed. I would suggest farming all of the mithril, thorium, and outland ore. buy the copper, silver, and iron on the AH for cheap. you may need to have a bank alt with some bag-space to store all the mats.

3. Only after you have farmed all of the mats needed, drop mining and then pick up engineering and power level away.

I did it backwards... i started to farm the copper, silver, and iron and got tired of farming and purchased the rest of the ore on the AH - it cost me way more than i had planned. but now i have the goggles, which are awesome and all the fun toys that come with engineering... my favorites have to be the elemental seaforium charges and the mote extractor.

Xipe
01-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Oh yeah definately..I'm glad I have my own guild (alt..lowbee and a toon of my dad's are the only ones in guild..rofl) with one bank tab (only one /cry) where I can store them.

TaiSHi
01-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Xipe, I strongly suggest you leveling up last 360-375 with Adamantite Rifle (turns green @ 370 tho), Adamantite is far easier to farm than khorium.
My 2 cents.

Regards.
Tai.
PS: Go Enel Go! Tankatronic Goggles on my inv now ;)

Xipe
01-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Yeah for real Tai, That and wheneer I do find Khorium veins.. (Only have ever found 2 so far O_o then again I'm not a big farmer) It always gets ninjared by someone on a Epic Flying Mount (I have 2 - 70's and yet to get one..I keep spending at AH! <-- Girl and is more concerned about gear / guild than ooo I can go faster!) and always when I'm fighting a mob to mine it..and am usually standing -right- ontop of the stupid thing.

klor
01-28-2008, 12:00 PM
WoW Engineering Guide (http://www.almostgaming.com/wowguides/wow-engineering-guide)

Gather those mats + or - some, then drop mining. I went from 1-360 engy in about 2-3 hours time with the day before spent farming. The hardest and most expensive things to get are the Thorium, Mithril, and Fel Iron. I'd suggest also farming the mats for the goggles....after that....OMG LOOK AT MAH GOGGLEZ! They Are OP!! :)

TaiSHi
01-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Mmm, you should really farm at times not much people on. Also, trust me, epic flyer > all for farming. (I farm on a friend's mage with epic).
Also, one more suggestion, I'm guessing you will make your flying mount (as it is a reagent for engineer epic flier), your helm and a shotgun. Right?
Best you can do, grab notead, and note:
What materials do I need for -this-, this and this (meaning helm, shotty and mount).
Some of the items (as Hardened Adamantite Tube, felsteel stabilizer) wont go green/grey until 360-365. Wich means... SKILL POINTS!
Meaning that in the way to craft your gear, you can skillup with them aswell, check on thottbot and wowhead to see when they go yellow/green.
Also, the most important note of all (I didn't do this and spent about 500g to skillup last points), use the mount and helm (both yellow at 370+ iirc), to make 373-375 points (sadly, shotgun requires 375 skill to make).

Hope it helps!
Regards,
Tai.

Xipe
01-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Tee hee Ya thanks Klor and everyone for the suggestions and help! <3 you guys =D

Yarr..the mats for the goggles themselves..are gonna suuuuck. >.<

<-- Crappy farmer.. WTB! Chinese Farmer! Paying 50 MSK! (Rofl)

TaiSHi
01-28-2008, 12:07 PM
WoW Engineering Guide (http://www.almostgaming.com/wowguides/wow-engineering-guide)

Gather those mats + or - some, then drop mining. I went from 1-360 engy in about 2-3 hours time with the day before spent farming. The hardest and most expensive things to get are the Thorium, Mithril, and Fel Iron. I'd suggest also farming the mats for the goggles....after that....OMG LOOK AT MAH GOGGLEZ! They Are OP!! :)
Thorium: Burning steppes is the best.
Mithril: uh... can't remember, but I had tons of it.
Fel Iron: HFP (if you find a good route) is very easy, I farmed about 1300 ores in a day or two.

Also, all of those guides, require Khorium for last points AND a VERY VERY VERY low drop rate recipe (or REALLY expensive at AH), adamantite rifle is bought from vendor and way cheaper.

Regards.
Tai.

Domichi
01-28-2008, 12:19 PM
there is really no need to level it all the way to 375. at 350, you can make the parts needed for the goggles and the actual goggles. you could have your goggles by the time you get engy to 355.

Xipe
01-28-2008, 12:24 PM
I went and had the Khorium Destroyer made by a guildie a few days back =(

And I thought hte Epic goggles you had to be 375 to make? Sweet ass.

TaiSHi
01-28-2008, 12:37 PM
I went and had the Khorium Destroyer made by a guildie a few days back =(

And I thought hte Epic goggles you had to be 375 to make? Sweet ass.
Dont worry about 375 just yet (you have the shotgun), but if you do Heroics and Khara, you can sell the nether for those khorium destroyers, also, Attumen drops a +28 ranged crit rate recipe (an engineer -must- attemp to loot body in order to ML to see it), wich sells good and requires 375 eng.

As for the goggles, 350 required (same for mount). But if you're going all the way up to 375, it's a good idea to do as I told you =)

Regards,
Tai.

Tristessa
01-28-2008, 05:58 PM
...I honestly think dropping a max-level crafting profession for another is a bit extreme. ^_^;

Trainwrex
01-28-2008, 06:49 PM
How about Helm of the Stalwart Defender - Items - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23535) ? i was considering getting this made tonight to replace my Myrmidon's Headdress - Items - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28180)

Kazeyonoma
01-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Felsteel helm is cheaper and imo equal of value if not better than helm of stalwart.

TaiSHi
01-28-2008, 07:12 PM
...I honestly think dropping a max-level crafting profession for another is a bit extreme. ^_^;
Maybe suicidal... but extreme? No way.

Trainwrex
01-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Felsteel helm is cheaper and imo equal of value if not better than helm of stalwart.

But would it be worth it to replace it over my myrmidoms?

after closer inspection, the loss of 10DR over the loss of 20stam. i'm more inclined to go with the stalwart, aswell an extra 100ar is nice too.

Taelas
01-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Felsteel remains cheaper and likely better. Just grab that one.