PDA

View Full Version : Fury - Still Viable for Raiding?

Kaganda
01-27-2008, 12:33 PM
After 2 years as Prot, I took a bit of a break and came back to a guild swarming with tanks. With this in mind, I respecced to Fury in order to raid, since there was only one DPS Warrior in guild. Since that time, I've had quite a few discussions regarding 17/44 Fury build vs a Blood Frenzy build. While I know I can out DPS an equivalent geared BF Warrior, I'm not sure if it's enough to overcome that debuff.

So, I ask those with more experience raiding with BF: Given equal skill/gear, would you rather have Fury or BF in your raid?

Radhja
01-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Depends. If there's more physical DPS, definitely Blood Frenzy. Otherwise...

... nah. I'd take a rogue over Fury warrior any day now. They ruined the tree imo.

Ekarderif
01-27-2008, 01:25 PM
I would rather have both. (Improved) Battle Shout is the single most powerful buff you can give to a physical DPS group (barring a really crazy group with all retribution paladins...). And warriors can always double up as off tanks for those encounters that require more tanks than you normally bring.

As for fury threat problems... ask for a soulstone :P

Ratholorn
01-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Fury is still very viable for raiding, our fury warriors (we have 2 but rarely are they both in the raid at once) generally split the rogues on damage and are in the top 5 (unless it's a caster fight or they get shadow of death-ed at Teron etc).
It comes down to the type of raid you run, if you have 2 melee/physical DPS groups then Blood Frenzy is going to be more important than the fact that the warrior's personal DPS is lower. However my guild only runs 1 melee DPS group with 1 or 2 hunters strewn around randomly (usually in shadow priest groups) so we don't ask for Blood Frenzy. For a while we did have 1 of our DPS warriors spec arms but since he was only in half of the time (sharing the raid slot) it was hard to see the benefit.
Fights where it would farm are Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Archimonde, Mother, Bloodboil, RoS, Teron, Illidari Council.

Kazeyonoma
01-28-2008, 10:50 AM
fury is generally easier on the warrior as well, because lack of timing mods/imp slam, and freedom of 10% more threat (nice buff to imp zerker stance) normally means its better overall.

Especially if you have enough buffed AP to overcome MS, it will be big increases to your dps. But again, it boils down to your raid make-up. Both are fun, and if you're in t6, cataclysm's edge is basically yours if you're the only MS warrior in the raid. >:D

Meeks
01-28-2008, 12:34 PM
fury is generally easier on the warrior as well, because lack of timing mods/imp slam, and freedom of 10% more threat (nice buff to imp zerker stance) normally means its better overall.

Especially if you have enough buffed AP to overcome MS, it will be big increases to your dps. But again, it boils down to your raid make-up. Both are fun, and if you're in t6, cataclysm's edge is basically yours if you're the only MS warrior in the raid. >:D

Or when the first one drops the fury warrior who you have been passing all the fury related gear to decides he wants to be MS and wins it then specs endless rage for pve. Then you wait another month to get yours.

Brickhuase
01-31-2008, 11:49 AM
Or when the first one drops the fury warrior who you have been passing all the fury related gear to decides he wants to be MS and wins it then specs endless rage for pve. Then you wait another month to get yours.

ouch, officers didn't do anything about that?

Kazeyonoma
01-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Ouch Meeks =x

Ciderhelm
01-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Kaganda!

DarthK
02-01-2008, 06:44 AM
hi new member :)

Yea ive been wondering the same question..my guild has just killed teron and cleared MH and im the only dps warr in my guild, usually im right next to the rogues dps-wise in most melee friendly fights. However recently all most all dps warriors armourys i check are BF spec with 2handers.

Im actually really shocked with this discovery i grew this toon up from meeks fury guide thinking DW fury is the way to go and the only way to match rogues dps. Lately ive been wondering if i should make the leap to BF even though my gear would sorta suck since most of my gear is +hit basically aimed at DW fury plus my only 2hander is stunherald.

Just wondering if its worth it blowing all my dkp on going BF esp with the ret pallies after my gear now. Im pretty sure my guild is content with my current dps atm, i finally topped akama with 2000dps woot.

Any help would be great. Cheers.

Meeks
02-01-2008, 06:45 AM
hi new member :)

Yea ive been wondering the same question..my guild has just killed teron and cleared MH and im the only dps warr in my guild, usually im right next to the rogues dps-wise in most melee friendly fights. However recently all most all dps warriors armourys i check are BF spec with 2handers.

Im actually really shocked with this discovery i grew this toon up from meeks fury guide thinking DW fury is the way to go and the only way to match rogues dps. Lately ive been wondering if i should make the leap to BF even though my gear would sorta suck since most of my gear is +hit basically aimed at DW fury plus my only 2hander is stunherald.

Just wondering if its worth it blowing all my dkp on going BF esp with the ret pallies after my gear now. Im pretty sure my guild is content with my current dps atm, i finally topped akama with 2000dps woot.

Any help would be great. Cheers.

If you are killing archimonde wait for a cats edge and then make the change if you are going to. Fury is still competitive dps but arms is a lot more raid damage, especially if you are the only dps warrior.

DarthK
02-01-2008, 06:55 AM
wow reply from meeks himself lol

sounds like DW fury is dead :( owell times change. well currently the ret pally has more dkp than me so it may be awhile till i get cats edge but i guess that settles it. thanks v.much

Yorg
02-01-2008, 07:14 AM
I see here and there reports of fury going over 1500 or even 2k DPS.
I use Recount, and though i am in the Top 5 damage wise. One of our rogue with S3 weapons is consistently first, 2 other rogues, me, a mage and beast hunter are fighting over the last 4 seats.
But, i have a low dps. Usually, i'm about 850/950. I have a high activity, low latency, which may help, but i don't understand how i could get better dps.

We are working on Vasjh now (2/4 TK otherwise) and have all the other bosses on farm status. My sig should link to the armory and i use rpetty much the rotation described in Meeks' Guide.
Any advice ?

Kazaganthi
02-01-2008, 07:16 AM
I highly disagree that dw fury is dead. I may be a freak, or maybe the rest of my dps is slow I'm not sure. However, I consistently top damage meters in ssc and tk. I top void reaver, solarian, kael, hydross, lurker, leo, fathomlord, and vashj weekly. Last night we downed Kael for the first time. I finished an entire percentage point ahead of the closest dps and I did it without an enhancement shaman in my group and without optimal dps spec. Arms/ 2handed has it's place, but that place is not for me in a raid. I love duel wielding and from what I can see, the damage potential remains insane. Don't count dw out yet.

Kaz

DarthK
02-01-2008, 07:25 AM
dont get me wrong kaz i love DW fury with every hair on my body..but it seems BF is the better thing for raid DPS it seems even if you pewpew less. Ofcourse i guess this differant if u have 2 dps warrs in your raids....sadly i dont.

pvrhye
03-02-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm still hanging back on KZ content. So it's fury for me. I generally top the damage meters til Prince eats me.

Morthengel
03-16-2008, 05:25 AM
I geared up my fury warrior halfway through BT gear, and what I currently have are the best fury pieces. We have a survival hunter in the raid, and with an enh shaman in the group I can break 1.5k single target dps mark in most fights, and split the rogues.

Recently got the cat edge form archie and gave 31/30 a go. Result was not good at all. The dps spreadsheets I use show 2h 31/30 higher, but in fury gear I just got rage starved with 37% raid buffed crit. To make any 2h build viable you need shit loads of crit. Also you are dependant on WF. So if you are missing the shaman or there are 2 mutilate rogues and a hunter in the group insisting on GoA (Gimped totem of Agility), your dps will be screwed.

Anyway, went back to fury because I don't have that crit/haste gear to back up 2h build.

But it is a fact that 2h builds have more dps potential in a right setting, with correct gear, provided that you can follow your swing timer in addition to doomfires, flame strikes, omen, cooldowns, etc, etc...

CBA...

Ceravantes
03-16-2008, 07:47 AM
It really depends on your raid comp, and the skill of the rest of your melee dps. We generally always run with a fury and imp slam warrior.

In reality, you can all argue all day about which is better, but the truth is it depends on individual raid dps, and the only way to truly know is to parse your average melee dps to see wether the increased personal dps from DW fury, or the 4% from BF is better.

Ceravantes
03-16-2008, 07:48 AM
I geared up my fury warrior halfway through BT gear, and what I currently have are the best fury pieces. We have a survival hunter in the raid, and with an enh shaman in the group I can break 1.5k single target dps mark in most fights, and split the rogues.

Recently got the cat edge form archie and gave 31/30 a go. Result was not good at all. The dps spreadsheets I use show 2h 31/30 higher, but in fury gear I just got rage starved with 37% raid buffed crit. To make any 2h build viable you need shit loads of crit. Also you are dependant on WF. So if you are missing the shaman or there are 2 mutilate rogues and a hunter in the group insisting on GoA (Gimped totem of Agility), your dps will be screwed.

Anyway, went back to fury because I don't have that crit/haste gear to back up 2h build.

But it is a fact that 2h builds have more dps potential in a right setting, with correct gear, provided that you can follow your swing timer in addition to doomfires, flame strikes, omen, cooldowns, etc, etc...

CBA...

No offense but, if you went 31/30 you must not really understand the point of a 2h ms pve build, the only reason to go ms and not 2h fury is blood frenzy, to increase your raids dps, not yours.

The fact is, dw fury has more potential for individual dps than a 2hand build, the utility of blood frenzy makes raid dps superior in many cases.

Just read the above post again, and Mutilate rogues? where are you and whoever your raiding with learning to play? windfury is better for a rogue anyways.

Pise
03-16-2008, 01:09 PM
The fact is, dw fury has more potential for individual dps than a 2hand build, the utility of blood frenzy makes raid dps superior in many cases.

This is what I was thinking, and it's why I raid as BF/imp slam. I'm just there for the my buffing and debuffing, with DPS added on the side. My DPS is important, but it's a lot harder to 'split the rogues.'

neomasterc
03-26-2009, 09:01 PM
WoW Meter Online - Combatlog Replay in Engrish (http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/all/6/0/3)
look....
look especially at thaddius for 25 man and tell me if fury is viable

Ackilles
03-26-2009, 10:37 PM
misread

Aethraen
03-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Yay Necro