View Full Version : Mallet of Tides w/ Executioner

Odaeus
01-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Mallet of Tides w/ Executioner

Am I a fool for doing this? :(

Calve
01-26-2008, 10:48 AM
not a fool.

The mace is a nice threat weapon with the expertise. If you're not up for Supremus's Axe and if you have the mats, it's a damn good enchant for a fine tps weapon. But damn is it an expensive enchant. One that would warrant some serious thought imo if you are within 4-6 weeks of the axe.

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen in game, the mace is the second best threat weapon next to the axe. Expertise is pretty huge and the mace has it.

Rak
01-26-2008, 11:37 AM
If mallet would ever drop for me, I plan on putting Executioner on it. Our guild bank pays for our mongoose and executioner enchants on all high-end weapons people get, but money isn't an issue for me anyway. I'll keep mongoose on my King's Defender in case I need that.

Nez
01-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Ive been using mine with that enchant for a while now. I like it.

Notalda
01-27-2008, 03:50 AM
I'm using Executioneer on the mallet too, been doing so for some time now, and am loving it.

Arangar
01-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Stack some more expertise and hit and your tps is a beautiful thing with mallet and exec.

Foolishness
01-28-2008, 07:42 AM
IMO you should always keep mongoose or 20 agi on your best defensive weapon.

Only use executioner on it if you have something more defensive. Cant build threat when your dead.

Atank
01-28-2008, 08:23 AM
I also enchanted my Mallet with Executioner. As the TPS of my Raid gets higher as we progress further, I'm more worried about not putting out enough threat as it is, especially on fights where there are threat wipes/drops (Leo, Doomwalker, VR etc).

I figure there are tons of areas I can increase my survivability, but few where I can truly increase my TPS easily.

SO in summary, I use my Kings Defender / Mongoose for fights where EH is important, and TPS is not as much (Fathom Lord, Morogrim etc) and my Suneater / Mongoose for Avoidance fights, and lastly the Mallet / Execuitioner for Trash and TPS intense encounters.

Atank -Empíre-
70 Dwarven Warrior
Detheroc

deadwrong
01-28-2008, 10:14 AM
i are greedy tonk:

Swiftsteel Bludgeon + Executioner = TPS Weapon
Mallet of the Tides + Mongoose = All round tonking
The Unbreakable Will + 20Agi = High Avoidance

WTB more bagspace plx

- DW

*edit - i are also tonk who cannot itemlink :-/

Kazeyonoma
01-28-2008, 11:05 AM
I ninja edit/saved your post DW, item links were broken due to upgrades, they're fixed now.

Taelas
01-28-2008, 12:25 PM
The Unbreakable Will is better than The Brutalizer for humans, but their top threat weapon (unless you're hitting the Expertise cap) is the Mallet of the Tides.

So if you're a human, definitely. If you're not a human, it's better spent on the axe -- but that's a good, long way away. It's certainly not a foolish choice.

Shortypop
02-07-2008, 12:58 AM
I've just put executioner on my mallet - haven't tanked with it yet - have to go level mace skills first :(

Dansodai
02-07-2008, 01:58 AM
Mallet w/ Executioner is going to be your best TPS weapon.

If you're a human. ;)

Shortypop
02-07-2008, 03:26 AM
and if you're a gnome? :)

Let me guess I'll replace it with the axe, but that's a long way in the future.