PDA

View Full Version : Arcane gear for VR

Trammel
01-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Just curious if I should use anything else besides my Violet Badge when doing Void Reaver? I have the entire Enchanted Adamantite set and was wondering if I should dust it off for this fight. Maybe the trash pulls instead?

Many thanks

Ciderhelm
01-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Must ask, Trammel, any relation in the name to UO?

Trammel
01-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Nope, that is my first name actually. I didn't know about UO until a few months ago. I felt pretty proud of the fact my name means something in the MMO life :)

Ciderhelm
01-24-2008, 11:54 AM
Your name is a symbol of the greatest tragedy to have ever occurred in modern gaming.

And uhh I'll quit derailing. Don't use AR for Void Reaver, you shouldn't need it. At least, I never used it, though maybe someone can correct me on whether there's a use.

klor
01-24-2008, 11:54 AM
I have not heard of anyone bothering to use anything more than that. From what I am told this is a rage starved fight for the most part and any bit of damage helps?

Cant say for certain though as VR is one of the fights in TK I managed to somehow avoid...? Good luck :)

byechee
01-24-2008, 12:03 PM
are you tanking? don't wear AR.

are you melee dpsing? don't wear AR.

end thread.

faitas
01-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Your name is a symbol of the greatest tragedy to have ever occurred in modern gaming.

Indeed, it is... it's still sad to remember what they did in renaissance.

Cairn
01-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Don't need AR on VR !! (or Loot Reaver)

Worldie
01-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Using AR as tank is actually the worst thing possible since you will
1) Nerf your stats, so both threat generation and survivabilty
2) Resist part of the AoE, and so, not getting enough rage while not tanking

Sooo just don't do it. Unless for some reasons you lack HP and the badge is the only item you have for that :)

Notalda
01-25-2008, 01:08 AM
Even if you have low HP, don't wear the trinket. Void Reaver hits like a baby, if your healers can't keep you up, they're bad.

As a tank, threat > anything else on that fight.

(and if you're DPS, a resto shaman or two, or a good tree, and you can stay in on pumelling aswell, thus, don't need the AR either)

Mordigen
01-25-2008, 05:45 AM
Don't need AR on VR !! (or Loot Reaver)

I like that lol. I usually wear the trinket, but just because it is normally in my tanking gear for the stam, I am 1 furies card away from the full deck. I never really thought of wearing it during the fight for the AR, I might just switch it out with one of my dps trinkets now.

Shortypop
01-25-2008, 05:49 AM
I'm going to admit to being one of well... one it looks like. I wear my violet badge instead of my darkmoon card for this fight. Every other piece in my vr set has expertise, hit or block value on it.

Sure I probably don't need the little bit of arcane res, but VR doesn't really hit hard so the extra bit of health is pretty arbitary and he hits slow (when he is hitting you) so I don't feel my agro is suffering.

kevinb70
01-25-2008, 07:02 AM
i wear the AR trinket but probably shouldnt, because i could use more rage (oh wait i have a spyglass now)

other than that, I wear my pure SBV set and make our druid and pally tanks cry :)

due to VR hitting like a baby, you can consider not using thunderclap and demoshout (use those GCDs for more threat instead), and using battleshout instead of comm shout...

Clifford
01-30-2008, 09:59 AM
No AR and go SBV. Pop your AutoBlocker (you do have one, right?) and shield slam for quick/massive threat. It is seldom that the 3rd tank even gets a chance to tank him as I can regen threat quickly enough.