PDA

View Full Version : OT upgrades > slight MT upgrades

Gehn
01-24-2008, 06:20 AM
As my guild just got to the Chess event for the first time last week, I have been evaluating my gear and the tanking gear of our MS DPS warrior. If there is a situation where I have to miss raids or (Gruul forbid) need to stop playing altogether, I have made the decision to give certain upgrades to him so as to help the guild progress when I am not there. He would be the OT and our Feral would become the MT.

The question is: Is this a sound strategy for the following gear?

Gehn's Armory (https://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&n=Gehn)

The upgrades in question are King's Defender, Crimson Girdle of Immovablility (Moroes belt if I named it incorrectly)

Any suggetions or warriors who have done the same?

Bonerot
01-24-2008, 06:32 AM
You certainly don't need them to be more successful then you already are. I'd prefer to give them to real raiding warrior though. Arms spec just doesn't do anything for me.

It all depends on your guilds evaluation of that warrior ever actually doing the things you think he will. Will he spec prot if you leave or can't make it when he won't spec fury for raid dps now?

hbombs
01-24-2008, 06:32 AM
I would give him the girdle its not that great... It wont take you to long to pick up the badge belt after you get the legs. Dont pass on the kings defender. Your OT can get his own Sun Eater.

If your the main tank the more gear you have the more your guild can progress. The MS warr will pick up plenty of gear just being in the raid since your OT is a druid. This is especially true if you plan on doing high king and gruul soon you need at least one very well geared tank. Sooner you get there the sooner your guild can go for it.

Gehn
01-24-2008, 06:37 AM
I am not exactly sure that we will ever hit Gruul's. We are a casual guild that gets 10 for the raid, but no more.
We have a higher chance of hitting ZA after Prince is on farm status than doing any 25's.

Yes, the other warrior has stated he would switch to prot spec when I cannot make it. It will just take some practice to get him into tanking speed and rotations.