PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble beginning raiding

Andenthal
01-23-2008, 06:04 PM
I took a break from WoW for a while and rerolled on another server about 6 months ago. My guild had grown....let's say....elitist, but that's another topic.
Took it kinda slow leveling up, wanted to learn to enjoy the game again. Now I am level 70, geared and spec'd for raid tanking.

Also play with my GF and dad. We really want to try to begin raiding again within our own guild. My dad and I have experience all the way through Karazhan/Gruul's, we left when our old guild started SSC. The problem we are having is recruiting. I have posted on our realm forums, tried the Guild Recruitment forums (which are useless), even made a fairly cool (IMO) video to promote our guild.

Guild website and video can be found in the TS Guild Recriutment forum: http://www.theoryspot.com/forums/guild-recruitment/35067-h-antonidas-us-death-before-dishonor-seeking-more.html

We have tried to apply to other guilds. Most on my server are either well past Karazhan, and thus we do not meet their gear requirements. Or, are in Karazhan right now, but have no need for a 2nd Prot Warrior or Resto Shaman (my GF). So we are in the dilema of wanting to raid, but having few options to do so.

So in the mean time, we have created our own guild so that we may recruit more players in the same boat. Also have two friends that we met along the way, making 5 level 70 players total.

Has anyone else had this issue, or can offer some advise?

CharlzO
02-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Well, my gf and I decided to create our own guild a little over a year ago. We actually didn't start looking to raid til recently, and even that is casual, for the guild. The first few months were quite slow, but we also are REALLY trying to focus on GOOD people. Not immature brats, but real, nice, decent people lol.

I found a couple ways that worked well, in two ways. First spamming the GuildRecruitment channel in game with a macro everytime I hit a city. The other thing you can do, is get the people you DO have, start a Kara run, and pug out the rest. People who over-gear Kara probably won't go, so you have a decent chance to find other people like yourselves; They want to run raids, but either have no guild to go with, or their guild simply doesn't have the backing to do it on their own. We've picked up quite a few raid members from our PuG runs back in the beginning, and even now if our 2nd team pugs out spots, usually they enjoy themselves and find themselves in our guild sooner or later :)

The first few weeks / months are rough. After that, and you get your name out more and more, you'll have better luck.

CharlzO
02-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Well, my gf and I decided to create our own guild a little over a year ago. We actually didn't start looking to raid til recently, and even that is casual, for the guild. The first few months were quite slow, but we also are REALLY trying to focus on GOOD people. Not immature brats, but real, nice, decent people lol.

I found a couple ways that worked well, in two ways. First spamming the GuildRecruitment channel in game with a macro everytime I hit a city. The other thing you can do, is get the people you DO have, start a Kara run, and pug out the rest. People who over-gear Kara probably won't go, so you have a decent chance to find other people like yourselves; They want to run raids, but either have no guild to go with, or their guild simply doesn't have the backing to do it on their own. We've picked up quite a few raid members from our PuG runs back in the beginning, and even now if our 2nd team pugs out spots, usually they enjoy themselves and find themselves in our guild sooner or later :)

The first few weeks / months are rough. After that, and you get your name out more and more, you'll have better luck.