PDA

View Full Version : T4 Legs outdated?

Elyrion
01-23-2008, 10:32 AM
I think this is a gear topic...if not feel free to move me;)

Well after our first shot and first clear of Gruul's with an allied Guild, I was left wondering....is he (Gruul) worth taking down again? It could definitely be a quicker run next time and was a lot of fun, but even then is it worthwhile?

Almost no one has a need for T4 legs anymore with the badge pants, warriors and other classes included.

I could see the quick pop-in to get Maulgar as the shoulders are a decent upgrade for some classes (though our hunters don't want them as they prefer their S1 gear).

It seems like it may be even more worthwhile to spend the time in Kara for badges and other loot there, or moving on to something else like the Eye.

Tinktank
01-23-2008, 10:49 AM
The shield is quite nice if you don't have s2 shield wall, so he worths it. And yes, T4 legs are quite crappy, even when there wasn't any pants badge reward.

ttocs
01-23-2008, 10:53 AM
If there's one prized item that Gruul drops, it's not really a tanking item per se.

My guild clears MH/BT each week, yet many of our DPS'ers still go to Gruul runs for one thing:

The Dragonspine Trophy. It's that good.

There are other drops that are very useful, but the Dragonspine Trophy is definitely worth doing gruul a few more times. I wouldn't make it your focus, but if you have an empty night, or a bad group composition for Mag on up, jump into Gruul's.

FWIW, I'm still using T4 legs (Wrynn never dropped for me, and I just spent all my badges getting FR gear for Illidan), and have MT'd all of Hyjal and BT up to (and including) bloodboil. They're not great, but they're one of the reasons why I still have the set bonus (which helps offset some spike damage), so...

The shield is also very good, and I'm still using that.

klor
01-23-2008, 10:58 AM
the t4 leggings are still one of the best avoidance leggings you'll find for a while. they are 1% better for avoidance than wrynn dynasty... the shield is nice also...and so are a few of the other items...especially the pally tanking hammer and the tanking shield. Hes not completely worthless :)

Oh, and cant of course forget dragonspine trophy...and gruuls eye? i think it is

byechee
01-23-2008, 11:38 AM
eye of gruul is the one of the worst epic trinkets a healer could equip. the proc is absolutely worthless at a 2% chance.

Esillymidget
01-23-2008, 12:29 PM
The proc on the Eye of Gruul is quite good for chain heal and circle of healing spam. Each heal has a chance to proc it instead of just one chance on a single target heal.

Redlen
01-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Gruul's will eventually become an easy to farm hour run for your guild and will allow you to gear more people for further content as a tank i know he doesn't seem to have much for you other then Aldori Legacy Defender which for the most part is true but if you want to progress you have to look at the gear the rest of your raid has and needs

Druid
Cowl of Nature's Breath

Shaman
Windshear Boots

Melee dps
Dragonspine Trophy
Shuriken of Negation
Axe of the Gronn Lords

Amongst others that you can check out hereGruul's Lair loot - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft (http://www.wowwiki.com/Gruul%27s_Lair_loot)

Brickhuase
01-28-2008, 08:56 AM
Gruul's loot table really isn't worth it anymore save the Dragonspine Trophy You would be better off farming ZA every 3 days. Mag is pretty much the same thing for Eye of Magtheridon other then the trinket most of it is surpassed by ZA or early t5. Save for druids as t4 is a very solid set for them.

Nuberino
01-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Gruuls is worth it just from a coordination training fight for your guild. It is a quick instance that lets you practice working together as a 25man team. Once you have him down without any issues move on to bigger and better things.