PDA

View Full Version : Wep Question

joepalmer27@alltel.net
01-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Im wondering if I should pick up the 1 handed sword from Honor Hold Exlated rep, think its called Honors Hold. I am currently using the Fireguard, which gives me +16 Agi and +30 Stam, but no + defense. The Honors Hold offers +12 Defense, no agi, and only 23 stam, also less DPS and lower hit rating.

I currently have 489 D and well over 100 Resilience. 13.5K health & 15K armor.

Any suggestions?

Timetheos
01-24-2008, 10:45 PM
I think that the Fireguard is generally a better option. It has higher threat (dps and hit). It offers more EH (a lot more stam, and some armor from the agi). It offers less avoidance, but not much less; The difference between 12 def and 16 agi is only 0.07% avoidance.

Also, with 489 def, 100 resilience really isn't doing anything for you. Resilience only serves to reduce crit chance, and since the cap for doing this with defense is 490 anyway most of that resilience is doing absolutely nothing.

Wrath
01-25-2008, 03:38 AM
yap i would say so too...

Stick with your fireguard and try to upgrade it to Blazeguard... i would use this in just every Situation over the Honor Hold sword...

You can easily use the craftable sword till you get a "real" tanking weapon like King's Defender or the sun eater which are both very solid - still Blazeguard will be the best choice for thread-generation till the Lurker Mace.

And yes, try to get rid of your resilence Gear and replace it with proper +defense Items... at least if you wanna be a "real" tank ^^

joepalmer27@alltel.net
01-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Lol, "real" tank. Ya I know the resilience isnt helping at this point, but its the best Ive gotten so far. Im working hard to get better "D" gear. Thanks for answering, btw

Ceravantes
01-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Blazeguard is superior to both KD and Sun eater, ad Blazefury was better than everything until UW until the expertise changes.