PDA

View Full Version : T6 Bonus or not ?

AggroTrollDontTouch!
01-22-2008, 08:43 AM
Well i have two different block gears one with 4/5 T6 (10% SS dmg) and one mixed by all block value items I can get. Sorry for my badass english but my german is mucho better.

First Set T6 4/5

Head [Onslaught Greathelm] (35)+15 enchant
Neck Heroic Neck (0)
Shoulders [Onslaught Shoulders] (0)
Back [Farstrider Defender's Cloak] (38)
Chest [Onslaught Chest] (0)
Wirst Heroic with expertise (0) Karazhan hates me xD
Gloves [Onslaught Gloves] (0)
Waist: [Girdle of Stability] (56)
Legs: [Unwavering Legguards] (59)
Boots: [Red Havoc Boots] (30)
Rings: [Band of Eternity] (44)+ [Seventh Ring of the Tirisfalen] (24)
Trinkets: Trinkets: [Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600] (59) +[Styleen's Impeding Scarab] (24)
Shield: [Bulwark of the Amani Empire] (183) + 18 enchant

Block Value 585 (785 Trinket) + 10% Bonus Dmg Shield Slam T6

Second Set Mix!Álot!

Head [Battleworn Tuskguard] (51) +15 enchant
Neck Heroic Neck (0)
Shoulders [Destroyer Shoulderguards] (32)
Back [Farstrider Defender's Cloak] (38)
Chest [Warbringer Chestguard] (45)
Wirst Heroic with expertise (0) Karazhan hates me xD
Gloves [Destroyer Handguards] (44)
Waist: [Girdle of Stability] (56)
Legs: [Unwavering Legguards] (59)
Boots: [Red Havoc Boots] (30)
Rings: [Band of Eternity] (44)+ [Seventh Ring of the Tirisfalen] (24)
Trinkets: Trinkets: [Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600] (59) +[Styleen's Impeding Scarab] (24)
Shield: [Bulwark of the Amani Empire] (183) + 18 enchant

Block Value 698 without T6 Bonus (898 Trinket)

Hope to get the Kara wirst and the Steamvault Neck and later replace the Boots against Jungle Stompers and the Ring of Tirisfalen have to go if ZA gives me the new good one.

Which Set is better only BV or take the T6 bonus?

Wrath
01-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Well. Better for What ?

Are you asking which is the better threat-Set overall or just threat wise ?

what environment are you tanking in with that Gear, Bt i guess ?

If you could give a few more informations, your question would be far easier to answer ;)

for the most situations i would wear your T6/mixed Gear... for just constant massive Shieldslams without caring about avoidance/mitigation the "Mix!Álot!-Kombo"...

byechee
01-22-2008, 10:07 AM
wear the illidan helm and t6 pants when u get those and stick with 4/5 t6.

Dragaan
01-22-2008, 10:47 AM
If you are concerned with the amount of threat you are putting out in whichever set, can I ask something? What kind of hit rating do you have in these sets? Both setups seem to be lacking quite a bit in +hit... Correct me if I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure +hit/+expertise are the best ways to higher your threat now, and don't forget they also scale with your other stats. I do not have access to most of the gear you are listing, as my guild is currently just starting bloodboil in BT and I am an offtank, but I have put together a "wishlist" on wowdigger of a tanking set that I think would serve as both an awesome bread&butter tanking set and still put out really good tps.

Dragaan - Character - World of Warcraft - WoWDigger (http://wowdigger.com/character/view/50694#o1)
Block value is quite a bit lower than the sets you listed, but it's sitting at +119hit and +27 expertise (both of which can still be raised if you swapped out a trinket or change the weapon, depending on your class)

byechee
01-22-2008, 11:24 AM
i think he only cares about big shield slams in this set, which is why he's asking about the bonus vs. the standard bv items.

Dragaan
01-22-2008, 01:10 PM
if that's the case, he should add the blue neck from steamvaults (regular), and either the blue ring from mechanar (reg) or the ring from the timed event in ZA. with almost every item in your set containing high block value, the 4 piece bonus will probably come out ahead.

edit: ooo and if ur lucky enough to have the glyph off sapphiron in naxx, that would be insane (since it stacks with the autoblocker!) :O

Ratholorn
01-22-2008, 02:23 PM
If you're going for bigger shield slams then I would recommend against the 4 piece T6 bonus since only 2 T6 items have SBV on them. An SBV set drops a lot of avoidance and +hit/expertise.
However for and overall tanking set T6 is pretty well balanced - my set (well almost my set, I'm still missing the belt from Bloodboil that refuses to drop) only has 570 SBV unbuffed but does come with 151 hit rating and 22 expertise skill (I wear Bulwark of the Ancient Kings and 4/5 T6 over Gauntlets of Enforcement and 4/5 T6) and the increased number of attacks connecting benefits threat generation far more than bigger shield slams.
Sure maybe it's not quite as fun anymore since I rarely see a shield slam at 2k anymore but on the other hand my aggro-lock is more solid.

Narshe
01-23-2008, 02:03 AM
When I wear my full tier6 set is not for the bonuses (tho I try to keep them because it does help :P^) is about the balance in tanking stats, and the amount of armor and stamina they have, which is above the previous loots (T5 and ZA).
If you are just making a block value set I guess you can get more benefits by having a mix of SBV items form the shield block value guide in these forums. But for "real" tanking, you should gear for Effective health prior to Shield Block value.

Aelvain
01-25-2008, 01:21 PM
When I wear my full tier6 set is not for the bonuses (tho I try to keep them because it does help :P^) is about the balance in tanking stats, and the amount of armor and stamina they have, which is above the previous loots (T5 and ZA).
If you are just making a block value set I guess you can get more benefits by having a mix of SBV items form the shield block value guide in these forums. But for "real" tanking, you should gear for Effective health prior to Shield Block value.

As already pointed out above I don't think he cares about that, he's just figuring out a set to get the highest shield block value.