PDA

View Full Version : T5 Tanking weapons

Beertap
01-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Alright I'll make it short.

Mallet of the Tides vs Cleaver of the Unforgiving

I've had the Mallet for a week now enchanted with Mongoose. We just killed Zul'jin and being the only Warrior in the raid I got the Cleaver.

I'll probably enchant both with Mongoose and put a Defense gem in the Cleaver (I'm lacking in Def from all the ZA/badge gear and BotAK). Probably use the Mallet for Threat and Cleaver for Avoidance. What do you think?

Ceravantes
01-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Mallet is much better in almost all situations because of the expertise.

Edhellin
01-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Expertise is an avoidance stat believe it or not.

Midknyte
01-22-2008, 02:05 AM
Hate to sound like a newb, but how is expertise an avoidance stat? I thought it was more of a threat generation stat.

Notalda
01-22-2008, 02:35 AM
It decreases the chance the boss will parry you. If the boss parries less, it hits the tank less aswell. That makes expertise an avoidance stat, and a pretty cheap one too.

Mini-Mog
01-22-2008, 02:36 AM
It is both.
Expertise lowers the the Chance that someone dodges and parry´s your attacks.
And cause of Parry it is an avoid stat.
If a boss (or someone else) parry´s your attack, his next attack`s speed is increased by 40%. So if (for example) gruul parrys you 3 times in a row, you get 3 hits ins increadable fast time.

Sry for bad english. I am not complete awake yet ^^
Edit: owned by notalda ^^

Grabmill
01-22-2008, 03:23 AM
As he is Undead, the weapons are very close. For a human the Mallet is better in any case. For non-humans, it's not that obvious. For an Orc I would go with the Cleaver.

veneretio
01-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Cleaver if you are an Orc.
Mallet if you are a Human.
Whichever you get first if you are neither.

Wrath
01-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Cleaver if you are an Orc.
Mallet if you are a Human.
Whichever you get first if you are neither.

agree...

We never had one single Mallet since we startet killing lurker... the last 3 Days, me & our second MT could get the Cleavers...Its a massive upgrade threat-wise over KD´s & the socket lets you resocket it to an max-stamina Weapon as soon as you get one of the 141 ilvl weapons...

If you have both, and arent human or orc - then it really doesnt matter that much i guess... they are both really great tanking weapons