PDA

View Full Version : Kael (Couple of Questions)

Trixie
01-21-2008, 12:01 PM
We're about to start Kael and I have a couple of questions that weren't addressed in any of the strategies I've read.

1) As the MT, should I give up Mallet of the Tides for Warp Slicer? I get that the debuff should be available at all times, but if we have a fury warrior and a rogue to do that then I should be good, right? I'll ask all of our OTs to have the Warp Slicer for sure. FWIW, I have no problem getting the defense back through other slots.

2) I'm planning to eat each of the second pyroblasts in phase 4. I've got my supply of Nightmare Seeds, I've got my Bulwark of the Ancient Kings and I've got Last Stand. Has anybody had any experience with Pain Suppression? With a 2min cooldown a couple of priests could rotate through and it would help a lot. Not sure if the lost threat is going to be a deal breaker though.

Worldie
01-21-2008, 12:48 PM
1) The Warp Slicer has more DPS and is very slow, allowing for higher threat with Devastate :)

2) Our MT always done in same way you write there. Get also some fire protection potions so you won't need Pain Suppression. Also have priests always shield you when you eat the pyro.

Toniblade
01-21-2008, 01:01 PM
I switch to Warp Slicer for the bigger threat generation.

For the Shield/Pyro - if your dps is good enough then you can use your own Shield on the first, and have the second interrupted. If you cannot be sure of that, Nightmare Seed, Fire Protection Potion, Priest bubble, Commanding Shout + full raid buffs should be enough to survive one Pyro - the only problems are some of those are on a 2 minute cooldown - and pyro comes every minute, and if you use those to survive a pyro, and the next is instantly interrupted before heals can reach you, if Kael melees first off your toast. Don't be afraid to burn Last Stand on an attempt - by the time you get through phase 1-3, it will probably have cooled down.

maddfez
01-21-2008, 01:59 PM
For the pyroblasts, I generally alternate fire protection potions and last stand / nightmare seeds / shield wall. It works pretty well....we've only had one MT death to a pyro and it was when I missed my potion usage ><. You'll want to make sure you're in the 20-22k hp range for this plan. It really made phase four easier for us though.

For the weapons, I generally switch over to the dagger to debuff Thaldred in phase three and use that for phase 4 / 5. I haven't had many threat issues....our dps warrior caught me with recklessness + execute around 5&#37; on our second kill, but that's not a big worry. We generally keep dpsing during lapses as well.

Also, I try to break the melee out of MC with a quick tab devastate. Works rarely, but it's handy when it does.

Trixie
01-21-2008, 02:26 PM
My helm is new last night so forgive the non-gems but any thoughts on if this is going to work with my gear? I'll probably drop the 2% threat on my gloves for this fight alone and replace with +stam. I have T4 helm as well which I'll probably wear since it's got more +stam as well.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Trixie

Wrath
01-23-2008, 03:02 AM
Gear looks absolutely fine...

If you can get your hands on a Darkmoon Card: Vengeance you could push your hp a bit more... but it will work without aswell...

My Kael Gear looks quite similar... iam having around 21,5k Life fullbuffed/flasked - which works very well :)

Clifford
04-03-2008, 05:06 PM
We didn't find it a problem to burn through the shield in time to stop the second pyro. I am not sure that I like the idea of "eating" the pyroblasts but then again ... whatever works for your raid :)

Aughban
04-12-2008, 02:29 PM
We didn't find it a problem to burn through the shield in time to stop the second pyro. I am not sure that I like the idea of "eating" the pyroblasts but then again ... whatever works for your raid :)

yeah it really depends on your dps, we took 6 destruction locks our first time so the dps was quite high on the shield and managed to get it down before the second pyro. Also remember that health stones and nighmare seeds share the same CD so don't use a health stone instead of a health pot unless you have too. Fire protection pots are an expensive way to go but i defiantly recommend them, it can make all the difference.

Every little helps :)

Augh

sevve
04-14-2008, 04:11 AM
Question: How much does the pyroblast actually hit you for with only the mace buff on you?

Clifford
04-14-2008, 04:27 AM
About 22-23k with the mace buff. As I posted in another note we got our first kill with me switching to eating :D the second pyroblast running a rotation of nightmare seeds and fire pots.