PDA

View Full Version : Ratings Formulae

Matai
01-18-2008, 02:58 PM
I am trying to find the formulae for determining the effectiveness of 'rating' at a given, non-70 level.
(e.g. How many points of Block Rating will provide 1% block chance at level 36?)

Does anyone know these?

Satrina
01-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Combat rating system - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft (http://www.wowwiki.com/Combat_Rating)

Matai
01-18-2008, 03:44 PM
That post did answer my questions, thank you so much!

Though, now i'm curious, if you have 'remainder' rating, do you get a fractional percentage chance? (e.g. 5 rating=1%, i have 13 rating, do I have a 2 2/3% chance, or 2%?

Arrivan
01-18-2008, 04:12 PM
The character sheet does not show decimals for some ratings (eg defence skill, expertise) but the decimals are still kept. It does show decimals for percentage based skills like crit, hit, block, dodge, miss and parry. So going by your example where 5 rating = 1% and you have 13 rating, you will have a 2.6% chance, not 2%. Change it to 5 rating = 1 skill point with 13 rating on the other hand and you will still have 2.6 skill points, but the character screen will only show 2 skill points (it rounds down). However, the decimal is not lost. If you gained another 1.4 skill points you would then have 4 skill points instead of 3.