PDA

View Full Version : Curator bug?

Anglachel
01-18-2008, 04:45 AM
Last night Curator was acting weird...

We got to his room and saw that one of the pulls before him was stuck on the first pillar on the left side... so, we cleared the rest of the room, tried to get the stuck mobs unstuck (we feared them, tried to pull them away, etc) and were unable to do so, so we decided to just go ahead and kill curator...

we pull and start working on him, and someone says over Vent that the flares seem to be going down really quick... to which someone else replies "flares? i haven't seen any flares yet".

Just as we were talking about that, the elemental that was stuck in the pillar teleports out and wipes us...

so, we regroup and start going again... this time NO flares spawn, and we get no evocations... we notice this and start DPS curator... only to find out that every 45 seconds or so he's wiping aggro and resetting all debuffs on him...

By the time we noticed this we were down 3 people from the aggro wipes... we managed to get him to 6% before the 10 minutes, and to 3% after he enraged... We decided to call it a night after he wiped us there...

Has anyone else encountered something like this? did you find a way to solve it that you could share?

Bonerot
01-18-2008, 05:02 AM
This happened to one of my runs a couple weeks ago. What I did is clear the whole room except for that one mob. Buff up on the back wall (everyones out of combat) and then run up the right hand side and fight curator way up by the back doorway. We were far enough away from that mob that the fight went like normal.

A soft reset may fix them too, not sure about that.

Overfiend
01-18-2008, 05:06 AM
never happend to me before..
I hope you reported that bug so that blizzard can fix it

regards

Anglachel
01-18-2008, 05:36 AM
hmmm... i don't think we reported it... i'll make sure to ask the raid leader to do it, or i'll just do it myself when i get home...

Lunestone
01-18-2008, 07:10 AM
This happened to one of my kara groups last week... you can actually kill the mob(s), it took a little extra time but then we didn't have any issues when fighting curator :)

dominated
01-18-2008, 11:38 AM
this happened in the last 2 weeks of kara for me. we basically did what bonerot suggested.

we cleared all the other adds....hugged the right side of walls so we didnt get in combat...and fought curator all the way up towards the next section...

just make sure you dont get anywhere near the bugged mobs during the fight either..

Muggs
01-18-2008, 11:41 AM
In the run I did this week, we had the DBM evocation timers off by a lot, and then we had a random aggro dump after the 5th flare on the second round of phases, almost lost a warlock cause of it -- but he bugged out and we had the mobs stuck on the side wall too, just like you did.

I told the dps to ignore the flares and burn him cause it was going to whacky, thankfully we only lost one healer ;p

Anglachel
01-18-2008, 12:08 PM
this happened in the last 2 weeks of kara for me. we basically did what bonerot suggested.

we cleared all the other adds....hugged the right side of walls so we didnt get in combat...and fought curator all the way up towards the next section...

just make sure you dont get anywhere near the bugged mobs during the fight either..

The problem wasn't really with the bugged mobs, but the erratic behavior of Curator himself... maybe taking him away from the adds fixes his script? i'll try to see if we can get the group together again and put that to the test...

Elyrion
01-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Same thing happened for us last week. We simply ignored the mobs and fought on the side of the room closer to the library (our "U" nearer that door). No issues from the mobs at that point.

Mordigen
01-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Same thing, tried as normal, and like previously said, he was wacky with aggro and the mobs stuck would teleport to the center of the room and cause havoc. We tried to kill the mob, but kept evading or Curator would get to close. It did reset after we waited overnight, so might even be okay after a soft reset too. I reported to Blizzard and didn't get much more than we will look into it.

practice
01-20-2008, 09:44 PM
I saw a post on the WoW forums about this, what the person described was curator acting like it did for you, but made no mention of any mobs being stuck.

Poster claimed they cleared all trash then curator bugged, flares either died almost instant or did not spawn at all. They just hit curator and he fell over and died. LOL

I might check into the WoW forums and see if Blizzard has confirmed this at all.

- Edit -

Found on WoW forums...

There was an arcane anomaly and his pack of snakes stuck in the wall in curator's room. We could not attack him (evaded) but he could attack us. He would also come out at random points during the fight, and since we didnt have a tank to spare, we could not continue the fight.

Not really expecting a fix before tuesday, just wondering if a blue or another player might know what to do, or maybe if a soft reset will fix it. Thanks in advance

And then found this thread : WoW Forums -> Curator Bug? (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=4071470339&sid=1)

Gzipper
01-25-2008, 04:43 AM
We encountred this once and we let only tank,OT and classes with threat wiping abilities (FD,ice block etc) hit the boss. Every1 else just stood about. Took awhile and I had 650k threat when he died :P

sanrial
01-25-2008, 04:49 AM
We had the same problem last Friday: a mob bugged in the wall on the left. Just waited for him to path as far as possible away and tanked him at far end, near the library. No problems with the fight then.

Mornak
01-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Saw the same thing in our Kara run early this week. We couldn't get them to move at all. We decided to pull Curator and hope that they didn't move if we stay away from them and out of the apparent aggro area. They came after us once we pulled Curator though. We did manage to kill them quick while taking on flares, though it sure messed up keeping track of threat once we all turned to Curator.

CharlzO
02-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Got hit by this last week on our way through. It was the pack just inside the door to the left for us, that bugged. We were able to clear the rest, and run down and take Curator at the far end of the hall with no issues from the bugged mobs.

Thankfully, Curator himself wasn't bugged or anything for us.

practice
02-06-2008, 04:57 PM
I have yet to see this, but I have seen the mobs act a little weird during the fight clearing. I have yet to see anything blue on the forums around this, but I also have yet to really see anymore reports on the forums.

Keimorl
02-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Saw the same thing... mobs bugged in the left wall.

We waited till the Curator went down the hall, then ran to the wall that all the mobs were "embedded" into, and jumped up on the little ledge there. We were able to nuke them down per normal and then kill Curator. Just had to make sure that everyone was up on the ledge so none evaded.

Thedom
02-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Just to throw another incident in the mix, this happened to my raid group this past week on our curator kill as well. The first mob on the left side of the door was bugged into the wall. Tried to kill but all the normal evade and curator got too close before we could do enough damage. We killed the rest and I tanked Curator over on the opposite wall. Curator fight ran like normal didn't run into any issues until after the fight a clothie got too close and bit it.

vrathmat
02-19-2008, 05:43 AM
My raid got this bug this past week. Like others said, it was the first mob group on the left stuck into the wall. We pulled the big guy who eventually teleported out into the open. Then we had to waste a good 15 minutes killing off the little guys. We could have done it quicker, but people couldn't figure out why everything kept evading. The trick is to make sure everyone can be hit by the mobs, which means everyone has to stand on top of each other right on the ledge. If someone takes aggro from them and can't be hit by the mob, it will evade and reset to full health. What's even more annoying is having to run back over to the wall every time Curator pats back.

Anyway, we finally killed them all and proceeded to have our best Curator fight ever, dropping him to 15% after just the second evocation and then finishing him off.

Madoxx
02-19-2008, 05:53 AM
Happened twice now on are badge runs first time we managed to kill it the second time we just skiped it and downed curator with out any problem , we haven't had any problem with it jumping off the wall and attacking us dueing the combat on curator though

Belak
02-19-2008, 07:37 AM
A rogue in our group found that he could shadowstep up to the ledge, smack one, and then hop off the ledge and LOS them. The one he hit will come, the others stay bugged. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Or just ignore them. That works too. :)

Legotick
03-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Yeah this happened to us as well. This bug also made the curator stuck at 12k mana for about 4 mins with no evocation period in addition to wiping aggro every 45 secs. The fishies in the wall almost spoiled it for us as well. Luckily we had the healing and dps to take curator down even w/o the evocation phase.