PDA

View Full Version : Illidan Tank, possible?

Raynorxx
01-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Hi,

One of our main tanks recently quit. great huh? So i have to fill in his shoes either as a fire resist tank or the tank on illidan. We have yet to down him but progressing well have only been on him for a few weeks with 3-4 nights of attempts so far just getting down his demon phase.

Currently my stats are
16.4khp 519 def 25.2 dodge 16.76 parry 25.64 block 17.7k armor 700 block value. 6% hit. 21 expertise skill. (all unbuffed with my normal 12/5/44 tanking build.)

Think i will be ready for illidan? I think i can handle with my gear, just wanted a second opinion i have basically zero fr and 10 badges >.>.

Omr

Worldie
01-18-2008, 02:19 AM
Too high block value and too low HP in my opinion.

You can tank it but you'd tank it better with some more HP.

It's not like tanking Illidan is that hard actually. You might will have to use Shield Block for SHears since you are not passively uncrushable, but at least you will not fall asleep :)

Narshe
01-18-2008, 02:44 AM
Even if you are passively uncrushable you would have to use shield block for shears, as they can't miss.
Low armor and hp pool for how hard Illidan hits. Is not like you are gonna die instantly but you would gonna need more healing power.
I think my first Illidan I had around those stats, but less block value and more dodge instead.

byechee
01-18-2008, 10:00 AM
are you now the most geared warrior tank? if so you're runnin with way too much sbv and not enough stam/avoidance. who's currently MT-ing the rest of the bosses for your guild?