PDA

View Full Version : T5 Helm/Chest vs. S3 Helm/Chest

Edhellin
01-17-2008, 09:47 AM
I was considering only bidding on either the helm or chest of the T5, and then grinding arena to fill in the other spot. I would probably only have the DKP to win one item, as we wont be on Kael/Vashj for much longer (T5 is a fixed large bid for us). The S3 items have a crap ton of Stamina and some good threat stats.

Currently I have T4 in both slots, so either T5 or S3 would be an upgrade. I'd of course gem all of them with Solid Stars.

Any suggestions?

mishmash
01-17-2008, 09:49 AM
I currently swapped my t4 chest for an s3 chest but im waiting to see the threat differences(we raid on fri). Only thing im currently concerned about is these kind of upgrades lead to falling SBV stats. Im wondering what the lowest i should go in SBV in lieu of other stats.

Kazeyonoma
01-17-2008, 10:01 AM
i'd go t5 helm with s3 chest, its just an overall more balanced move.

and mish, i'd say as long as you stay above 450 sbv, you're fine, and besides the s3 chest has +hit and +crit on it, the +hit is higher on the threat priority list anyways =P

Edhellin
01-17-2008, 01:20 PM
If the option arose, would it be better to go for the 4/5 set bonus? It seems good, but "meh" to me.

Kazeyonoma
01-17-2008, 02:08 PM
most set bonuses suck lol, but t5 set bonus isn't terrible its good boost to threat but 200 haste on a tank isn't gonna suddenly make him an AWESOME threat machine, it only increases your white hits, and in turn your HS queues. hardly noticeable imo. you'd have to ask one of the tanks who have 4/5 though.