PDA

View Full Version : ZA majorly stuffing me up

Flowdack
01-17-2008, 05:53 AM
Hi

I've tried running za a few times now, mostly just the bear and bird boss.
We did the dragon hawk boss (eventually downed him) and then attempted the tiger boss. Problem i have is the healers had a major hard time keeping me alive (one of them being full t6). I was flasked up, throwing back health pots, used ironshield, shield block up constantly and that barely got us past the dragon hawk boss. Is there something im missing, did i overly gear for stam?
here’s my armory link
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Boulderfist&n=Flowdack

any advice would be massive help

thanks.

Razmo
01-17-2008, 05:58 AM
I have the same problem :(. Ppl on my realm say I have nice stamina but I slack in the block % and armor :(.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&n=Razmo

I enquip the S1 shield for bear boss and still it's hard.

klor
01-17-2008, 06:01 AM
To be honest I found avoidance to work much better for Halazzi (lynx) than I did a stam set...Not a full avoidance, but I had about 26% dodge and 20% parry with 25% block. my max hp dropped some, but it helped alot more... also, do you have two tanks? Are they standing side by side/on top of one another? Is one a druid/tauren? If so you may be taking the entire attack (i forget the name, saberlash maybe?) instead of the split damage due to the hitbox bug... Also, if you cannot live through the frenzy, try taking a hunter to tranq shot it?

Just some tips...hope they help :)

Flowdack
01-17-2008, 06:09 AM
thanks for the response, yep we had too tanks, one was a protadin. pretty much stood exactly ontop of me the whole fight when the boss was in the lynx avatar form.

hbombs
01-17-2008, 06:55 AM
my guild had our 1st 4 attempts ever on lynx boss last night. After getting owned by frenzy first attempt (little demoralizing) healers figured it out and it wasnt an issue anymore. I also put on some dodge gear and used the pocket watch for every frenzy (seemed like once per phase)

we got him to 50% 3rd try and 46& 4th try but then had to call it. Our problem wasnt the tanks being killed it was the dps getting killed.

How should the raid be positioned and with melee running around could they possibly cause casters to get chain lightning?

klor
01-17-2008, 01:07 PM
We spread out around him at max range and just have the melee run around me and the OT...seemed to work fine with no chance of chaining the lightnings. Also gotta watch out for his shocks.

Dragaan
01-17-2008, 02:25 PM
yes, even if your group is wiping when you (the main tank) dies, that might not be the real issue. If the rest of the dps/healers aren't in the right positions in regard to the totems, a lot of unnecessary healing might be going on and that could be why you are so hard to heal. I also have another suggestion. I am the main tank (warrior) for my ZA group and I tank most of the bosses. Except Halazzi. He is one of the 2 bosses who cannot crush in ZA (the other being the bear boss), and therefore, a druid is actually a much better choice (this is a MUCH better idea if you are not grouped with a hunter for tranq shot). The only damage that the main tank is taking that other's are not is physical. The best setup would be to have a druid tank halazzi (if possible) and have you (the warrior) tank the spirit.

edit: two other advantages to using a druid as MT in this fight are as follows:

1) When he splits, have the dps go after halazzi instead of the lynx. If the druid is well-geared that's a nice boost to overall dps compared to if a warrior was hitting him (even with the extra health halazzi has. but i hear he also has less armor than the spirit...)

2) Once you get him down to 20%, the warrior can go into battle (or even zerker) stance and start executing. you will get ample rage from the cleaves to do quite a bit of extra damage.