PDA

View Full Version : Nice War/Pal 2v2 Arena Guide

Daikyu
01-15-2008, 07:25 PM
WoW Forums -> The 2v2 Guide for Pali/War Combo. (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=1531084006&sid=1&pageNo=1)

Should eventually be stickied in some form, but probably needs some expansion first.

At least in my battlegroup I find myself dealing with easily twice the number of combinations listed in this guide; combinations that aren't viable but hang around the 1600-1700 range just to make life miserable for an already difficult-to-make-work, low-margin-of-error comp like war/pal.

Nonetheless, I'll do my best to pick it apart and add commentary on the combinations that haven't been noted in the guide above.

Kazaganthi
01-16-2008, 06:34 AM
That's a bit of an old post. Pali/war has signifantly declined in strength through the seasons. For back when this was a stronger combo, it looks like a very nice guide.

Kaz

Kazeyonoma
01-16-2008, 05:14 PM
I feel ya OP, druid/warr is powerful but it takes a lot of work on the druids part to stay out of LOS and for the warrior to run away and put on a shield/reflect when up against double dps teams, they'll never make it past 1700-1800 but they make life miserable for the likes of me and my partner, we're trapped in the 1600's due to these dumb teams, we had it easier when we were in the 1700s, its crazy.

Daikyu
01-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Seems that in druid + x, it almost doesn't matter what x is...if the druid can get away, he can either heal x or cover drain / fear / sheep coming from x. The best way to deal with druid + x seems to be getting on the druid right away and alternating hamstring / piercing howl / intimidating shout / hammer of justice to get the druid down before the paladin runs out of CC breaks.

Also seems like the war + pal mirror isn't as random as the guide makes it sound. Paladin DPS, when covered by MS, seems to go a lot farther than just saving the mana for heals. If used as a part of a coordinated burst, it appears to be the key to winning the mirror in a fashion that relies upon skill more than luck. Still working on this (beaten twice in long games, looking at reworking our strategy since both losses came on apparently random "burst dps calls" made by the other war / pal teams late in the game), should report back soon.

Chisgule
01-30-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm casually playing 2's with a paladin, and I've been very happy with the results. I think the key that differentiates him from most other healers is that he uses a lot of his offensive abilities. Using the judgement that reduces the druid's speed to 100% max is huge. Additionally, using offensive abilities was absolutely critical in fighting teams like dru-lock and spriest-lock, where you have to race their dps (failure to kill one of their players within the first 20s of engagement is almost a guaranteed loss).

Ukyo
01-30-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm casually playing 2's with a paladin, and I've been very happy with the results. I think the key that differentiates him from most other healers is that he uses a lot of his offensive abilities. Using the judgement that reduces the druid's speed to 100% max is huge. Additionally, using offensive abilities was absolutely critical in fighting teams like dru-lock and spriest-lock, where you have to race their dps (failure to kill one of their players within the first 20s of engagement is almost a guaranteed loss).

With those teams it becomes nearly imposible to take down one of them on 20s, but if you play your cards well, and can keep your shit together, you can drag out the game until they make a mistake, then the game is yours. Or at least that was what happened with my old 2's with a Pally (i don't do 2's now, too unbalanced towards Druid/X's combos)

Daikyu
02-02-2008, 11:12 AM
...but if you play your cards well, and can keep your shit together, you can drag out the game until they make a mistake, then the game is yours.

I'm no longer playing war / pal atm, because my brother is tired of the amount of training involved.

The problem with dragging the game out as war / holy pal is that the paladin can pretty much be controlled by almost every other class in the game very easily, so the chances that war / pal will make a mistake before the other team is extremely high right now. Timely use of offensive abilities and building a full rage bar on the warrior before attempting a takedown appear to be the keys to success for war / holy pal pre-2.4 (and potentially post 2.4, if the patch continues to be worthless towards 2's balance).

All the above assumes no cheating with resist gear and mods, of course.