PDA

View Full Version : Unwavering or Iron-Tusk?

Svotnick
01-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Hi all.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but i just can't decide on what to get next. So what's the better upgrade: Unwavering Legguards over Warbringer Legguards, or Iron-tusk Girdle over Crimson Girdle of the Indomitable ?

I already got the Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx and the Brooch of Deftness, and I think Badges will stop coming in for me in the near future. I want to get the cloak later and maybe the pala chest.

Svot

veneretio
01-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Definitely the Unwavering Legguards... it's very rare to ever get a boost of 54 Stamina when replacing a single piece. You'll also feel a lot better having got the big investment of badges out of the way.

Svotnick
01-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the advice. Off to the shoppe then.

Svot

PS: like your blog, btw :)

Grabmill
01-16-2008, 08:50 AM
I disagree :-).

I think the T4 pants are slightly better than Unwavering, or at least about equal. Iron-Tusk on the other hand is WAY better than the Moroes belt, so definitely a much bigger upgrade.

But I have to admit that I'm not a stamina whore like many others.

Nuberino
01-16-2008, 10:17 AM
I think the T4 pants are slightly better than Unwavering, or at least about equal :: blink :: blink ::

:p My guild prot warriors are the last on the list for T4 pants as they are mildly worse than the Curator's pants and far worse than Unwavering. But for an avoidance set I can see their desireability.

Edhellin
01-16-2008, 10:47 AM
I wont touch T4 tank pants with a 10ft pole. The Iron-Tusk Girdle is much better than Moroe's belt, and the pants are much better than T4.

IMO get both ASAP. In fact, some of the items from the vendor are nearly non-replaceable, so just get most of the Protection stuff.

Kazeyonoma
01-16-2008, 12:16 PM
there's absolutely nothing i see in t4 pants that makes it remotely comparable to unwavering in terms of what a tank needs.

unless your hurting for some defense, the dodge on it (although nice) doesn't make up the 50+ stamina you gain from it, not to mention the added threat from sbv.

Radhja
01-16-2008, 01:33 PM
/agree

The Unwavering Legguards are just too good to pass up. I just wish I'd never wasted the Badges on the stupid tank badge ring (which I replaced with the Shermanar Great-Ring in the same week). I'd have mine by now. :(

Iron-Tusk Girdle ftw, btw.

gardek
01-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Unwavering Leg Guards were the first piece I picked up. Not really sure how you could say they're comparable to T4. They're... Sort of better in every way.

brain9h
01-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Unwavering.

They are just... insanely good.

Myzery
01-16-2008, 01:53 PM
As quoted before, whenever anyone asks a question about the Unwavering Legguards, the answer is usually Unwavering Legguards. :)

However, If you look at tankpoints, the answer becomes less clear.
Iron-tusk replacing moroes belt is actually a moderately larger tankpoints upgrade then unwavering leggards replacing Wyrnn's dynasty greaves. Much of these tankpoints come from dodge however. Therefore, UWL over WyrnnDG (or T4 legs) is a larger EH upgrade.

Svotnick
01-19-2008, 07:39 AM
Thank you all for your replies.
Just bought the Legguards, hoping to get the 60 badges for the girdle in the not so distant future.

Svot