PDA

View Full Version : cruelty vs. thunderclap & imp. heroic strike

Overfiend
01-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Hi,

i consider to respec as following:
World of Warcraft Europe -> Talents (http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/warrior/talents.html?3500030000000000000000000000000000000 00000001055511033022103531351)

In my optinion i do benefit more from the threat generated by imp. heroic strike (as an early attack through reduced rage costs) than from then possibility to crit and using thunderclap for damage mitigation and for supporting multi mob tanking...

Target raiding ground: ZA/SSC/TE - and kara every now and then...ty

What do you think about this spec?
I would appreciate your professional postings....

regards,

The Overfiend

hbombs
01-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Honestly if your all about threat then i don't see how you can not take cruelty. its benefits every ability. I would take 3 points in cruelty over the extra threat of imp HS. then i would find 2 more points to max out cruelty probably from imp def stance.

but thats just me people like to make the point that its not a necessity taking cruelty but i disagree.

Heartwood
01-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Here is my raid spec which is designed for threat gen.

-Heartwood

Roana
01-18-2008, 01:04 AM
Cruelty vs. Improved Heroic Strike is arguable. You probably won't notice a difference there, whatever you do.

Improved Thunder Clap is essentially a core tanking talent these days. It provides better damage mitigation than any talent in the protection tree, ironically, and makes a qualitative, not just a quantitative difference in tanking multiple mobs (it doubles the threat of Thunder Clap, turning a weak into a viable multi-mob tanking ability). I honestly wouldn't enter ZA without it.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Improved Thunder Clap also plays a crucial role in preserving charges on your Shield Block ability. You're going from two charges being eaten in 4.4 seconds (assuming the mob has a 2.0 attack speed undebuffed) to two charges being eaten in 4.8 seconds, which is much closer to the 5.0 second cooldown of Shield Block.

Overfiend
01-18-2008, 06:04 AM
Great great great....thx guys especially to Roana (tho your heart beats for the wrong faction ...hehe)

ty for your input

have a nice tanking time.....