PDA

View Full Version : Imp HS, Cruelty, 1h Spec

Klaatu
01-15-2008, 09:47 AM
This is a newer pet alt of mine and have a question on finalizing my tanking spec. I have read the guides on threat generation, effective health, gear, etc.

Lets use the following as a foundation of my talent spec:
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0cZZbEtoI0zcsst)

This leaves 10 points to spread between
* Improved Heroic Strike (3)
* Cruelty (5)
* One-Handed Weapon Specialization (4, I have one point already to unlock the next tier)

As for content I am looking at the standard Kara, Gruul, ZA & VR when gear is sufficient.

As far as desired results I am looking at sustained TPS. I am not concerned with bursting TPS as much on say trash or in heroics, but rather the longer lasting raid boss encounters as a MT.

Which talents from the options above will yield the best threat generation results?

I am currently 3/3 imp hs, 5/5 cruelty, and 3/5 1h. My rationale being dumping more Heroic Strikes with a greater chance to crit will yield the best TPS, as apposed to an extra 4% damage. I do not have any empirical data to back this up so would appreciate any advise in this.

Thanks for your time.

veneretio
01-15-2008, 01:20 PM
You'd be better off with 5/5 1h, 5/5 cruelty and 1/3 imp hs since the former 2 apply to the latter as well as many other abilities.

Grabmill
01-17-2008, 06:38 AM
If I were you, I'd drop Improved Defensive Stance. As long as you're not doing SSC or so, spell damage will never be a problem. And at Void Reaver you want that extra rage from Poundings. This frees up a few more points and you can take them all. Actually, you're pretty close to my build then :-). If you take out all 3 points of Improved Def stance and put the last point in Anger Management, you're there. Imo that's the best threat build.