PDA

View Full Version : Twohand hit % required....HELP

skydown13
01-15-2008, 07:24 AM
I was dueling a shadow mage with 5%hit, but i still missed......why i have 350 weapon skill.

i know mage has arctic wind but not priest!!

why did i miss? can anyone help...

Meeks
01-15-2008, 07:30 AM
If there was a hunter you might of had scorpid sting on you.

Other then that are you at exactly 5% or over it? If you are at exactyl 5% could be a display error and there is still a tiny chance to miss.

And lastly are you sure it was not a dodge?

skydown13
01-15-2008, 08:55 AM
it was a Duel outside of ironforge....and i am at 5.34% of hit...it was a big MISS.........

byechee
01-15-2008, 08:59 AM
no matter what you'll always have a .1% chance to miss a target that you can't overcome with any level of gear.

Kazeyonoma
01-16-2008, 05:15 PM
I don't like to think of things in those terms byechee, its questionable, and wasn't it proven by ElitistJerks that specials need 9% to hit? not 5%? If this is so then there's your explanation.

veneretio
01-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Mages have a talent to give them an extra 5% chance to be missed. I forget what it's called, but in order to hit a mage always you'll need more hit rating.

Syana
01-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Arctic Winds

Taelas
01-16-2008, 10:17 PM
no matter what you'll always have a .1% chance to miss a target that you can't overcome with any level of gear.

No. Incorrect.

Spells have a minimum chance to miss. Melee attacks do not.

Kazeyonoma, the 9% is on bosses. Players have 5%.

And he's talking about a priest, not a mage. (Yes, it's confusing since he said 'shadow mage', but from the rest of his post it's clear he knows about Arctic Winds and he's talking about a priest.)

skydown13, I don't know how it's possible. He could have worn Defense gear, I suppose.

byechee
01-17-2008, 09:00 AM
obviously i haven't done enough testing myself to verify the accuracy of what I said, but I know I read it off wowwiki at some point, altho i guess that information could have been flawed.

Kazeyonoma
01-17-2008, 09:30 AM
wiki != reliable

anyone and their mom can edit a wiki. that's why i don't use them as sources, nor are they held as sources by any respectable documenter. (try asking a professor to let you use wikipedia as a source, they'll laugh at you).

But yes, there will always be speculation of the .1% or .00001% or whatever for everything, but most can be explained by something else that wasn't mentioned.

thanks for the clarification norrath, guess i could drop some hit in my pvp gear.

I'd say he probably had some sorta debuff on you OP. a sting, or something.