PDA

View Full Version : Content Breaks After End Boss Kills

Ciderhelm
01-14-2008, 05:01 AM
It's been my experience after clearing end-bosses for zones, the following 1-2 clears of that particular zone can be frustratingly difficult. Raiders just aren't on their game as much as we'd like, though I've come to believe it's not the raiders fault as much as it is a natural event out of our hands.

This can be tough to do, but it helps to take a break from the instance you've just completed unless it's a game-ender like Illidan is for Black Temple. For instance, if you kill Vashj, spend the next week in Tempest Keep and don't go for Vashj again; if you kill Kael'thas, spend the next week in Hyjal and Black Temple and don't kill Kael'thas that week.

The reason is not motivation, but progress. You'll come to a draw in terms of motivation, because when you take down a new boss or two in a zone that week, players are still going to be thinking about the loot that could have been.

But, your raiders are never more prepared for new content and taking it down well as after they've finished a difficult and complex encounter for the first time. And they are never less prepared to complete a newly farmable instance than when they get that first bout of farm-sickness.

Narshe
01-14-2008, 06:46 AM
What about when there is no other instance to go. I mean, when you kill Illidan for first time, what can you do next week?

Ciderhelm
01-14-2008, 06:46 AM
Cry, because raiding is going to suck that week.

Narshe
01-14-2008, 06:52 AM
What sucks is weeks when you can tell "we have XXXX in farm status now". You go, clear the instance, and the next days till reset..... pvp¿? alts¿? *sigh* Im glad my guild is just a regular one and not a Nihilum type. I don't think I could stand months until the next dungeon release :S