PDA

View Full Version : Trinkets...

Gargantax
01-12-2008, 01:16 AM
Heyas,

Got my Wrynn Dynasty Greaves tonight, and after gemming and armor kit, I found I had some more room to move with Defense than I thought.

I've got the Darkmoon Card: Madness now, and I'm halfway to finishing the Darkmoon Card: Vengeance.

Looking for opinions on whether it's worth dropping my Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600 to equip it, or if not... which should I equip.

I've got the badge bracers, and neck for threat... how much of a threat hit will I take dropping the blocker, and will the card procs make up for it?

I'm most often MT... we're up to Prince in Kara.

Click sig for Armory profile.

Marn
01-12-2008, 05:25 AM
Don't drop your autoblocker. When you finish making the vengeance card, wear that over madness.

Dragaan
01-22-2008, 02:20 PM
keep all 3 on you at all times. there will be tons of situations where you aren't going for insane threat and/or most incoming damage is magic and/or unblockable.

...sorry....and/or my bad. :P

Ratholorn
01-22-2008, 04:11 PM
I wore the Gnomeregan Autoblocker 600 and the Darkmoon Card: Vengeance from when I first got them in Kara all the way through to Illidan. There isn't a better set of trinkets available, the only time you use other trinkets are for resist fights or for a passive uncrushable set.

Marn
01-23-2008, 01:29 AM
I just got a Shadowmoon Insignia, which I wear over my DMC:V only because I have 17.4k unbuffed hp as it is; I really like the mini Last Stand effect, I mean I'm at a point where ~1200 more potential life is more valuable than passive 560 at all times.

This trinket isn't really available to everyone though, so for 95% of tanks I'd say the card and autoblocker is a great combo...which is good because there's very few alternative options.

Sandal
01-23-2008, 02:16 AM
I wore the Gnomeregan Autoblocker 600 and the Darkmoon Card: Vengeance from when I first got them in Kara all the way through to Illidan. There isn't a better set of trinkets available, the only time you use other trinkets are for resist fights or for a passive uncrushable set.

How about Moroes watch? I really like this one, it saved my butt numerous times.

Rak
01-23-2008, 07:52 AM
I wear Moroes' watch for maybe one fight per raid week, where I just throw on max avoidance gear to make it easier on the healers (since I am past the EH breaking point anyway). All I ever wear is Vengeance, Autoblocker, and sometimes the Netherwing 45 stamina trinket.

Ratholorn
01-23-2008, 08:59 PM
I just got a Shadowmoon Insignia, which I wear over my DMC:V only because I have 17.4k unbuffed hp as it is; I really like the mini Last Stand effect, I mean I'm at a point where ~1200 more potential life is more valuable than passive 560 at all times.

This trinket isn't really available to everyone though, so for 95% of tanks I'd say the card and autoblocker is a great combo...which is good because there's very few alternative options.

That's true - the damn thing never drops for us, the one we've seen I sent our Feral Druid's way obviously (since it's such a good trinket for them). I have a bulwark for another last stand type ability, and I'm not a Tauren so I don't have a hax HP racial :D

Tiq
01-24-2008, 01:52 AM
Ratholorn, hows it going man?
This is Tamerlane, formerly of your guild on Khaz.
Saw you on here and had to register just to say hey. I remember many good runs through Slabs and Mech once upon a time.
How is the guild doing? By looks at your armory progression seems good.
I have moved to Italy and only play casually, but still like to look at forums at work:rolleyes:
Ciao

Marn
01-24-2008, 02:14 AM
Yo Rath if you're having trouble with drops you should consider changing who seeds the instance; we had a mage seed BT for the first 15 Bloodboil kills we had; then we have a warrior seed (me) and a feral druid seed and both those weeks we get the insignia.

STILL NO GIRDLE OF STABILITY THOUGH LOL! :(

Edit: at least you have stoneform Ratholorn, that's not too bad. Although what I really like is the tauren hit box, I can't play as a gnome or human or anything, I need that reach now lol.

Ratholorn
01-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Yo Rath if you're having trouble with drops you should consider changing who seeds the instance; we had a mage seed BT for the first 15 Bloodboil kills we had; then we have a warrior seed (me) and a feral druid seed and both those weeks we get the insignia.
STILL NO GIRDLE OF STABILITY THOUGH LOL! :(
Edit: at least you have stoneform Ratholorn, that's not too bad. Although what I really like is the tauren hit box, I can't play as a gnome or human or anything, I need that reach now lol.

Seeding is the Raid Leader when the first boss dies? Or first toon to zone in?
And I'm glad to see someone else with Girdle of Stability drop issues besides me.

Also - Hola to Tamerlane, ya we got our first Illidan kill last reset.