PDA

View Full Version : Tough decision on Badge Purchase...

Wolfhunter
01-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Been hitting Karazhan on my Alt Warrior very regular for the past month.

Already purchased the leggings, what an unbelievable item.

However, I've also been very very luck with drops so far and as you can see from my Armory profile doing quite well.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arygos&n=Wolfy

I've saved up 81 Badges so far and we'll be finishing off Karazhan this coming Sunday so will have another 10. Also hoping for a few items there:
1) Shield from Nightbane
2) Shoulders from Netherspite
3) T4 Helm from Prince

If the shield doesn't drop I'm not too worried as I'm 2 maybe 3 runs from Exalted with Sha'tar and the blue shield I have is not too bad.

If the shoulders off Netherspite don't drop I'm toying with the idea that the Heroic ones would be my next purchase. However, the cloak, gloves, belt, bracers are also tempting, just not certain as to the order I should be getting them.

Also I know that the broach of deftness is on my shopping list at some point. Again just not sure where it fits in to my purchase schedule.

The profile currently shows I have +def to spare and I have other items that I can switch in to change some gear around.

for instance I have the Gilded Thorium Cloak in the bank.

i've also built the BlazeGuard and am keeping Blacksmithing for now. But once I get something better there is no compelling reason to keep Blacksmithing so may switch to JC.

Back to the topic at hand.

I'm looking for some recommendations as to a "shopping list" if you will.

Some of the Heroic reward items seem to be a minor upgrade to what I currently tank in.

Thanks in advanced for any and all advice.

P.S. how do you link items properly in these forums? I tried Suneater but doesn't appear to work here.

Cheers,

Wolf

hbombs
01-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Id go belt/cape. you will notice a huge difference with that combo. putting u at close to 14k :) ur gonna want the bracers next then the neck i would think. the autoblocker owns but with the new gear u should pick up a bunch of those pieces first.

byechee
01-11-2008, 12:41 PM
if you are going to be able to commit to running kz every week and have dibs on all the tank loot from there, the first badge item you should be getting is the auto-blocker because it will forever be useful. after that would be neck/bracers/cape. If your guild can clear kz you can definitely do nalorakk in za within the 20 min timer, yielding boots/shoulders from the chest.

Hryggðafræ
01-11-2008, 12:50 PM
P.S. how do you link items properly in these forums? I tried Suneater but doesn't appear to work here.

The Sun Eater -> writing the name correctly :P

If you can, play arenas every week regardless of rating. Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall >>>> Nightbane shield by far.

as hbomb says, the cape Slikk's Cloak of Placation is the best upgradeyou can do. and then, the belt and trinket.

Wolfhunter
01-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Lol yea I guess if I had typed the name of the item it may have worked a little better :P but I thought I had tried that when I was previewing the post, ah well.

As for Arena Points, I'm just below 1000 now so it wouldn't take much to get me enough to get the Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall. It's what, 1850? in the mean time I'll get the Sha'tar one as it's cheap.

If I switch to Gilded Thorium Cloak I suppose the Heroic Cloak is still quite a bit better due to dodge rating. I'll be getting that for sure.

Shoulders I need to sort out for sure as I'm still using Shoulderguards of the Bold as Netherspite hasn't been nice to me :mad:

I was thinking maybe a Season 1 set of shoulders might be a nice addition as well being able to increase my TPS and DPS at the same time. Especially if I switch to the Heroic Cloak I'll be well over the +def Cap.

Your probably wondering why I have no enchant on my tanking sword, well I was getting gear at an amazing rate in Karazhan so I didn't want to waste the Mats on The Sun Eater as I figured King's Defender would drop.

Yea so far we have been doing weekly late night "Alt" runs into Karazhan and clearing nearly everything. So Badges are coming nice and fast.

That cloak should take me from the 74-75% uncrushable to near 80%.

We'll likely start looking at ZA starting next week or maybe even this Monday.

Wolf

Hryggðafræ
01-11-2008, 01:55 PM
the s2 shield is 1630 only :P

I'm actually using The Sun Eater (with mongoose) in fights which the agro isn´t a issue (and i'm raiding BT). Is an increible avoidance weapon. The other weapon is the mallet with executioner (waiting for The Brutalizer)

Madoxx
01-15-2008, 01:25 AM
is the Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall worth getting over the Sha'tar Rep reward shield we have Kara Cleared and and near downing gruul should i just wait for the Nightbane shield or gruuls one every though drop rate is crap

Narshe
01-15-2008, 01:45 AM
The Gladiator's Shield Wall is better than the one from Nightbane or the one from badges. The Sha'tar shield is worse than those two. Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall is the best shield pre-tier6 dungeons.

Madoxx
01-15-2008, 01:53 AM
cheers for the reply this it then im pvp grinding to get it

Poolstick
01-15-2008, 06:16 AM
Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall is the best shield pre-tier6 dungeons.

Would you say even better than Aldori Legacy Defender?

The extra stam, hit rating, and defense rating (especially since my defense is sitting right at 491 b/c of badge gear) is better IMO.

Hryggðafræ
01-15-2008, 06:48 AM
Would you say even better than Aldori Legacy Defender?

yes.

Nuberino
01-15-2008, 07:23 AM
::hugs his Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall tightly::

Poolstick
01-15-2008, 09:35 AM
yes.

I Disagree.

And

Bulwark of the Amani Empire

Hryggðafræ
01-15-2008, 09:48 AM
I use both, merciless and amani(with dodge gem).

and don't forget that merciless is easier to get.

Kanwedar
01-15-2008, 10:34 AM
The extra stam, hit rating, and defense rating (especially since my defense is sitting right at 491 b/c of badge gear) is better IMO.

Defense rating lost will be made up for by the resilience gain. Personally I am not going to buy the Merc shield because I doubt my arena team would be very pleased with me not getting gear for arena. I may get the S1 shield since I am still stuck with the Sha'tar rep shield.

Wolfhunter
01-15-2008, 02:18 PM
On the topic of shields, I'm 1 Botanica and 1 Mech run away from getting the rep shield.

It'll take me a month of arena matches to get the merciless Shield so I'm thinking the Rep one will be a good stop gap.

We are also starting to run ZA as of Tomorow night so hopefully we can progress in there and get a chance at the shield.

Wolf

Madoxx
01-16-2008, 02:07 AM
the shield in ZA drops off the 3rd boss if it drops , and we are close to gettting him down but i still think in the case of it not droping the Gladator S1 is a good grind i may do it this weekend