PDA

View Full Version : Easiest Heroic?

tarmc0
01-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Bored at work today and thought I might get other peoples opinions. We were talking about this in our guild the other night. Think I'd have to say Underbog. I've tanked in every heroic instance and this is defo the easiest imo. Sometimes I am wary of the group composition for some heroics but for this I couldn't care who was in the group. Only mobs that do any credible damage are the Bog lords. One occaion you have to tank two, apart from that they are single pulls. All bosses go down within a minute. 4 easy tokens!

Anybody think differently?

Mini-Mog
01-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Hmm ok with a good grp every instanc is easy.

I prefer Underborg (same reasons as you)
Slave (you just have to kill half of the Mobs)
Bota. (But the group has to know the instance)

Don´t know but everyone is afraid of Bota. Last two runs i did it in 1 Hour and 1hour 30.
First run (warri,rouge,mage,lock,priest), perfect grp.
Second (warry, rouge, melee shami, shadow priest, pala), also very easy.
With daily: 7 Badges for about 1-2 hours.
But as i said. Most people (i know) are afraid of bota..."oh its so difficult..."

Mecha is easy too (exept 3rd boss) but i did it to often ^^

Arlana
01-11-2008, 07:51 AM
Heroic mech FTW. Every tank wants that sword prior to their king's anyways. That and my only non epic left would be a green ring i can't seem to replace, which also drops from patheleon the calculator.

Talani
01-11-2008, 07:58 AM
last night we did heroic mech with two prot wars ,a mage,a lock, and a priest.
That place is cake laced with pie but sadly my bloody sword never drops.

tarmc0
01-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Arlana/Hardele - how you get those fancy sigs? Both look like you got it from the same place :D

dlongest
01-11-2008, 08:34 AM
I would say Heroic Slave Pens is the easiest. For the majority of the dungeon the pulls are 2 or 3 mobs. Even with little CC, that's not a problem. The back part of it contains some 4 mob pulls, but still nothing impossible. And about half the mobs in there can be skipped anyway. The bosses are no problem.

In addition, Mech, Ramps, and Bot are fairly straightforward on heroic as well. Mech becomes much easier if you have a lock in the group, Bot is easy if people have done Bot a few times previously in general, and Ramps seems fairly unchanged from regular.

Daniel

Mini-Mog
01-11-2008, 09:24 AM
@ tarmc0: Antiarc's WoW Armory Tools (http://armory.mmo-champion.com)

tarmc0
01-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks! WIll have to wiat till I get out of work before getting stuck into it :)

Lunestone
01-11-2008, 11:16 AM
I would say Mech but then again I think it depends on how well you know an instance... I ran mech over and over and over until I got my Suneater and when I just started playing again after a month off, mech was the first heroic I decided to warm up with :p I pretty much consider mech easy badges...

Slave Pens would be next for me, Sethekk and Underbog after...

veneretio
01-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Mech, Slave Pens, Underbog, Ramparts

Sandal
01-11-2008, 01:24 PM
I really like Bota. Beeing a paladin tank we can do many parts of this instance by AE bombing and if you know what to do the 5 bosses are really easy. A run takes ~1h for 5 badges.

I went hero underbog once but it was quite easy. I really like Ramparts, too.

Kavel
01-11-2008, 01:27 PM
I like any of them that we can knock out fast. My personal faves, with best times are Ramps (35 minutes), Mech (38 minutes) and Steam Vaults (40 mins). I absolutely love a SV or UB daily, as I'll just get the group together with the plan to do both back-to-back. Personal best time for both SV&UB (9 badges) is right at 1 hour, 40 minutes).

Also, I smacked my forehead a few days back when I realized you can do the daily non-heroic quests on heroic mode too. So I try to keep a non-heroic daily for one of those popular heroics in my log too. There's nothing wrong with free G and Ethereum keys.

byechee
01-11-2008, 01:32 PM
one that hasn't been mentioned and is easily overlooked is BM. with t4/t5 gear it's 30 min for 3 badges and 4 LPS. it's just a pain in the A to get to for alliance.

Freshmeatha
01-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Heroic BM - while is not the easiest when you start gearing up - once you have the gear it become cake - nothing compares to 3 badges in 30 mins. We do this almost daily now - we are t4+some za+mostly full badge gear. Make it even more fun, run it with 3 mele, 1 healer (and yourself of course as tank) and have the 4 mele all use stormchops and just burn the adds right by the portal. Or sub out one mele and use a BM hunter and turn it into a 27 min run.

Tristessa
01-16-2008, 07:00 PM
I'd say Ramparts, mainly because the group composition is a bit more flexible compared to the other heroics.

Traydor
01-16-2008, 11:31 PM
What is this CC you talk about?

I run heroics all the Time with (Me(Prot0,Priest,Elley Shammy(45%crit), and usually 2 DPS warriors) and never use CC

Multi-Tanking is an art that only comes with practice.

Rawr
01-17-2008, 01:59 AM
It depends really :P i would say that shattered halls and arcatraz are only "hard" heroics due to annyoing pulls/encounters. Hc BM along with Mech and Bota are easiest imo :P but it really depends on how many times you did those instances, how well you can play and partialy on gear :P

tarmc0
01-17-2008, 06:27 AM
Multi-Tanking is an art that only comes with practice.

And also good gear :) I struggle to hold anymore than 4 targets at any one time due to TC only affecting up to max 4 targets. If you have 4 targets then it can genterate threat on those 4 mobs. Anymore then you run the risk of lossing agro as the healer will be undoubtablly be overhealing if there are more than 4 mobs in a heroic attacking you. TC, DS and cleave ftw but multiple mob tanking are what tankadins are for :D

Sandal
01-17-2008, 11:21 AM
You dont need good gear, only practice, practice, practice.
Your equip does not scale TC. Warriors where capable of tanking multible Mobs (yes even more than 4) way before TC was available in Defstance.
Your party will have to be disciplined.

Tristessa
01-17-2008, 07:11 PM
You dont need good gear, only practice, practice, practice.
I don't see how you can multi-tank if your gear doesn't allow you to take more than 2-3 hits, however good the healer is.

Mini-Mog
01-17-2008, 11:02 PM
I woulds say that the gear is important.
Mostly for beeing able to take more hits.
The thread Problem should not be so much gear addicted. You can get some thread gear but you should be able to handle 4 Mobs withoud it.
In this point Sandal is right.

But i think its a bit off topic, now. Sorry

Rayne
01-23-2008, 03:00 PM
With a Warlock SV and a Mage/Hunter is probably the easiest. Lock makes the first boss trivial, CC makes the multi caster pulls trivial.

SP can be difficult due to the double-defender pulls and the 4-boglock pulls (they 2-shot squishies).

Mech's difficulty is the destroyers and the gauntlet at the end. Nethera (sp?) makes people cry.

Shattered Halls is now our fastest instance, often clocking in under an hour nowadays. We split tank everything, no CC. Even done it with 2 tanks, 2 healers, 1 dps (slightly more than an hour, priest MC'd stuff). Kargath used to cause us fits when we first learned him in heroic mode, but now I just tank him at the entrance and me and the Druid grab everything that comes in. Make certain all the squishies have decent health pools (min 8.5k buffed, the more the better). Truly, 5 badges for an hour is hard to beat.

Don't do Ramparts without ranged DPS unless you're up for a challenge (2nd boss).

Blood Furnace, stuff hits very hard.

Heroic Durnholde/BM, too far away, even with clicker bots parked there. That stone needs to be by the entrance, not 5+ mins away.

Heroic Underbog always annoyed me, but perhaps need to go back again.

Heroic Arc isn't that bad, course we skip first boss (one day someone will bother to get a shadow set).

Heroic Bot, only did it once, dont really remember.

Heroic Sethekk is ok.

Heroic Shadow Lab ok, but so so long. Clearing the 2nd and 3rd room (first and second boss) is just annoying and boring. And it's pretty easy to screw up on Murmur. Some night's we'd one-shot him, others, 5 times before people quit screwing up (me included).

Heroic Mana Tombs, we honestly need a bit more gear, first boss painful without shadow, last boss we just DPSd him and wiped, looted after.

Heroic Auchenai Crypts gave us more fits than any other instance. So many wipes. We just won't go. Could have been group makeup, and more sucking than usual, but ugh, awful place.

Sad thing is heroics are really only good for badges (and primals) and once you have the badge gear they aren't really good for anything. People are much better off going to Kara to gear up, makes heroics a lot easier. We started heroics before Kara, that was frankly a mistake.

Mini-Mog
01-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Best Combo (in my opinion) is Mage / Lock / Rouge. Thats also a good split between melee and ranged.

Well and Rayne u dont need Shadow gear for the first boss in mana. Wenn he cast the Shell just stop making dmg and u dont get any dmg. And his Bolts can be refelctet.
Last Boss... hmm i just order my dds to do the adds together. Everyone should kill them. The Boss mostly kills himsels with my Shield Reflect ^^

Irghen
01-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Mech's difficulty is the destroyers and the gauntlet at the end. Nethera (sp?) makes people cry.

Bring a Shaman, a Rogue or another Warrior and the destroyers are pie, lacking that, I open with Bloodrage-SS-Dev and then just HS and Autoattack to keep him glued, keep a finger on taunt and just time your stuns, it's possible to keep him from casting with just Concussion/Shield Bash, and Spell Reflect works on the charged fist.

As for the gauntlet, What I do is Fear the first wave and mark while they are running amok, by the next wave I either fear again if the CD is up or just throw a grenade or warstomp them, be sure to interrupt as many casts as possible, having a mouseover macro on your interrupts and stuns makes a big difference.

The Nethermancer used to crap me out every time, now she's just free badge as long as my party isn't idiotic. Pull her from her leftside while the rest of the party stands in the middle, they should have ample time to run one way or another, what most people don't realize is that the flame path isn't what kills players, it's the elemental's AoE.
Kite her around the room while keeping rage for Intervene/Intercept and be ready to taunt whenever she resets aggro (I guess Pallys can use their shield tossing ability here), tell the rest of the party not to panic if they get hit, she doesn't hit that hard, and to just run towards you.

One thing i have noticed is that this place is very healer dependant. If we have a bad healer or a PvP geared one we are in for a long crappy run; this has not changed for me since I was in full blues.

Kanwedar
01-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Heroic UB is definately the easiest, with SP coming in second. Been completely ignoring CC in those places recently, even if my group has it. Mech, SV, and Ramparts are all easy but have 1 or two tricky parts that can be difficult with an incompetent group. Botanica is also fairly easy, but is a boring instance.

I need to get some Stormchops made up and do the super melee run of BM.

Radhja
01-30-2008, 10:13 AM
My personal favorite is Heroic Mech, of course. It's quick, it's relatively easy, and it's 3 easy Badges (4 if you have a decent group for Serpethrea). I hate that they nerf'd the badge count for Mech, but it's still an easy instance regardless. Hardst part (imo) are the little AoE demons if you don't have a warlock. Almost always gets someone killed in the most retrded way.

Heroic UB is also fairly easy, but without CC, it can be a bit of a pain. The last stretch leading towards the next-to-last boss (the dude with the bear) is filled with mobs that love to fear, and it can lead to accidental chain pulls easily. Be sure to pull way back on these if you don't have fear ward available or if you're not good with stance-dancing.

I hate all Auchinduwn instances with a furious passion. Thank god I don't have to run Setthek Halls anymore, since I finally got Spaulders of Dementia of Ikiss. The bosses in the instance are all easy easy easy... it's the Prophets and the Ravenguards that make this instance difficult. Bringing an OT isn't required, but highly advised - the Ravenguards can't be CC'd by any means. As far as Shadow Labs... well... we all know the second boss is a pain in the ass, and Vorpil's the example of everything I hate in tanking (forced mobility, AoE dmg/self-heals, and crappy drops for tanks). Thank god Murmur's such a cakewalk or esle I wouldn't do this instance at all. LC rep FTL

Heroic Ramps is cake. Do this one every chance you can, whether or not it's the daily. Blood Furnace, on the other hand, can be a wipe-fest if the group isn't prepared for the heavy-hitters here. Bosses are relatively easy, especially Keli'dan (if you've done Shade, you know how easy this fight is) but the trash is just annoying - especially when you wipe, are running back, and your only rezzer gets ganked by the stealthed mobs.

Roana
01-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Personally, I find Underbog and Botanica to be the easiest heroics with also the lowest requirements on group composition.

Blood Furnace and Auchenai Crypts come next (Ideally, I'm assuming here that you have a warlock or hunter for the last stretch in Blood Furnace, and that the group can follow kill priorities for Crypts without having their hands held through markers).

I never really considered Slave Pens and Mechanar to be particularly easy heroics, though. Their main benefit is that in each case you have to kill relatively little trash between bosses. But Slave Pens has enough mobs that fear and mind control that it's quite a bit more technical than a tank-and-spank instance such as Underbog. Similarly, Nethermancer Sepethrea and the gauntlet in Mechanar are far from a cakewalk with an inexperienced group.