PDA

View Full Version : Blowing off an "off" night

Lunestone
01-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Just funny, Tuesday night i'm tanking kara and we down attumen, moroes, maiden, oz, curator, nightbane, aran, illhoof and chess... so sweet, we only have two for sunday :)

Tonight i'm tanking heroic bot... and I was just playing soooo bad. I have had over a month off and i'm definitely feeling rusty... but wow, why one night I feel like an ubertank and the next I feel like i'm doing a crappy job :-/ It's more than just starting to play after 6 weeks off too... I often will have one in credible run and the next night I won't tank well...?

Just wondering if anyone can relate?

Mini-Mog
01-11-2008, 03:41 AM
Oh yes i know what you mean.

Sometimes i clear an instance without a singel loss. And the next run we wipe and i donīt know...

I think some problems can be solved if you tell the Group exactly what you plan.
(Kill the Skull, sheep the Moon, sap the Triangle,
or Ae the dogs first then focus the skull
or I pull the group back in the other room)

On the other Hand if this doesnt help i use a little trick.
Normaly i smash buttons like a moron. But then i act "slow" whait for g-cd and cd, and press the putton only once.

And if this doesnīt help either, i hope that the instance is over soon, and is go to bed, or stop playing / tanking for the day / some hours

Gehn
01-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Hehe, I have the same issues sometimes. I just inform my group that things are not going well (for whatever reason) and if they would like, they can get another tank.

Most of the time, I am in a guild group and we just all end up enjoying a few adult beverages and slogging our way through.

Rak
01-23-2008, 07:32 AM
I'm the opposite way in every game I play. After a while I find myself performing far below my usual expectations. Then I take a break for a couple weeks, come back, and somehow end up playing at the top of my game... Often I end up playing better than I ever have before if it's a game with constant personal skill progression like Counter-Strike.

Rayne
01-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Happens. We normally do SV, SH, SP, Mech, all in 60-80 minutes depending. The other night it takes us 2 hours to do SV due to all the wipes. Wipes? We don't wipe on that stuff anymore, but yep, wiped on each of the last 3 pulls. And we consider SV the easiest by far. Had a new healer, no CC. Oh, and wiped 2-3 times on the first boss. Ok, so it was the night of mass DC's, lost our mage, had to snag a way undergeared feral (2 ferals ftl), resto shammy was new to it, but certainly the 3 experienced players could pull it through. Apparently not....